Baudis Antares Landing Gear Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baudis Antares Landing Gear Springs

During Windy Ridge we had a team rebuild of Dave's Antares gear. The stock uses a long steel pin with a c-clamp at either end to retain the compression spring (some versions have a series of metal and rubber washers instead of a spring).

That tiny c-clamp can and does pop off and then all goes to hell. The "fix" many of us have done is to use a piece of threaded rod in place of the pin and two lock nuts, or one long hex drive bolt and a lock nut. It's a chore that requires a tiny bit of relief added to some metal parts to allow the nut to seat properly (I'm not detailing all the steps here, apologies) but the end result is bullet proof.

I had two springs stored in my toolbox that served the purpose @ Wind Ridge. Now than I'm home I "think" the ones pictured below are what we used -- Midwest Products 88257 13/32. They look right compared to what we used and I don't know why I'd have them stored with my spare Antares rudder and tips otherwise. YMMV.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	48274

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	48273
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.
Working...
X