Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for smaller 5S 5000 mah Lipo packs. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for smaller 5S 5000 mah Lipo packs. Any ideas?

I recently installed a Torcman into my H Models 7.6m Quintus. I am in the process of now adding the batteries for the motor (going to run 2x 5S 5000 mah packs) and also need to squeeze in an 80 amp speed control and 2 receiver packs, and lastly I need to add a tow release somewhere at the floor of the cockpit as far forward as possible. It is a big model but I want to keep my cockpit seat pan and my Axel Must look scale too right? I have some Turnigy 5s 5000 mah packs that I have owned for a while now and just wondering with the advancing battery technology, are there some smaller packs out there that would still allow me to run dual 5s 5000 man packs? Any space I can save, the better.

Ideas?

Tim

If you are in a real estate squeeze, perhaps 4000 mAh is not too awful a comprise? I have also seen a couple 3s x3 packs setups to make a tight space fit, but you'd lose 3.7V.

While not the same animal, I went with two 4000s 100C in my EMS Quintus as 5000 was too tall, 120A ESC to the side, hid the tow release below the motor all resulting in Axel and his seat pan fitting perfectly. My receiver packs are alongside the retract on either side. My EMS Arcus has 4s x3 to make a seat pan fit in a 12S setup.

I'm happy with the FES battery consumption yielding 4 good climbs. Below

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	46633

Here's the 12S squeeze! ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	46634
    Last edited by Steve P; 12-20-2021, 05:56 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

i find the new smart packs from hh to be very good and i use the 50c ones in edf jets with plenty of power and cool running packs. the size and weight on the 50c ones are similar to many 30c packs and fit where most do not.........might even find the 4000ma ones even better in same 50c packs.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mosquito View Post
        I recently installed a Torcman into my H Models 7.6m Quintus. I am in the process of now adding the batteries for the motor (going to run 2x 5S 5000 mah packs) and also need to squeeze in an 80 amp speed control and 2 receiver packs, and lastly I need to add a tow release somewhere at the floor of the cockpit as far forward as possible. It is a big model but I want to keep my cockpit seat pan and my Axel Must look scale too right? I have some Turnigy 5s 5000 mah packs that I have owned for a while now and just wondering with the advancing battery technology, are there some smaller packs out there that would still allow me to run dual 5s 5000 man packs? Any space I can save, the better.

Ideas?

Tim
        Would these work? I've been using this line of batteries for about 7 years now, only had one issue with puffing on a 5000 mah 3 cell that I left charged for a few months. Not always the cheapest but one of my go to batteries after roaring top (for really good packs), or HRB packs from Amazon.

CNHL 5000mAh 18.5V 5S 40C Lipo battery with high performance, more reliable quality, and better portability for your RC cars, airplanes, and RC Boats.

Comment

Working...
        X