Saw Blade for Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Blade for Strips

I noticed that Bosch had a 60 tooth blade DCB760 for circular saws that was 1/16 kerf. Click image for larger version

Name:	SawBlade (2).jpg
Views:	334
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	43436 It still has a 5/8 arbor so it fits on a normal table saw. And it is pretty inexpensive, mine was under $25. I had tried a different brand rip blade with a 1/16 kerf but I was not happy with the quality of the cut. And any 10 inch 1/16 kerf blade I have seen has a really high price tag. I had been using my 3/32 kerf 80 tooth 10 inch blade in the past. It produced really nice results when I start with a clean blade but it difd chew up a bit of wood.

The nice part about the finer kerf is you can get a lot more strips when starting from 3/4 stock. I was able to get three 5mm strips from some 3/4 pine. My standard splitter worked OK. I only had one cut where the piece hung up when it got to the splitter. I was still using my 3/32 blade zero clearance insert

I guess I need to go and build a new cross cut sled with a thinner base for this blade.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SawBlade (1).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	43437

Thanks, Mlachow. I’ll be looking into one of these. Perhaps the smaller size helps with the improved cut over your old narrow kerf 10” blade as there is less possibility of deflection.

Comment

• mlachow
      mlachow commented
      Editing a comment
      Teeth per inch. The other thin one I had was a rip blade. This is a 60 tooth 7 1/4 inch blade, more of a crosscut blade. I have been using a 10 inch 80 tooth crosscut blade for strips to get a good finish. As well as cleaning the blade before starting.
Working...
X