Greetings from Georgia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Georgia!

Hey guys! New here. I live in the beautiful state of Georgia, and we are privileged with nice thermal weather most year round. I'm looking forward to using this site more! I have already made my first post, being a wanted ad for an E-flite 4.2M Blanik. A little background on me... I am a full time student, working towards my flight instructor ratings. I am also working towards my A&P certificate. I own three full scale airplanes. Two unpowered, and one powered lol. I have a LET L-13 Blanik, a Scleicher Ka-7 Rhonadler, and a Globe GC-1B Swift.

I have been been an avid rc addict for a good portion of my life. I am just now getting into scale soaring however. I'm excited to start doing some scale aerotow like stuff!

-Colin
    Last edited by Meadowlarksoaring; 02-13-2017, 05:07 AM.

Hi Colin,
    Thanks for joining the group and congrats on getting started in scale soaring. Like you, I was an avid full scale pilot and flew RC quite a bit as well, once I ventured into Scale Soaring and aerotowing, most other types of flying is just an afterthought.
    You'll love attending aerotows, hopefully you can make the SERA event May, 4-7 . more info is here
    ​​​​​​http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/...ng-eastern-usa

I'll be attending again this year with Jim this time. Should be fun, the last two years were a blast.

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I was in Peachtree city last weekend helping a buddy pick up a Hatz fuselage. We visited the Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force and crawled around the aircraft in the hangar going through their annuals. What a lot of fun! The Globe Swift is one of my favorite low wing civvy jobs and I am almost finished with a 1/6 RC version. You will absolutely love aerotowing! It is so fun and the like-minded folks are even 'funner'! Well... except maybe that lenb guy from up north! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Alright Michael, that's enough out of you.
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
          I was in Peachtree city last weekend helping a buddy pick up a Hatz fuselage. We visited the Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force and crawled around the aircraft in the hangar going through their annuals. What a lot of fun! The Globe Swift is one of my favorite low wing civvy jobs and I am almost finished with a 1/6 RC version. You will absolutely love aerotowing! It is so fun and the like-minded folks are even 'funner'! Well... except maybe that lenb guy from up north! Welcome aboard!

Hey I appreciate it. My dad works with the Dixie wing. Their P-63 King Cobra just maidened the other weekend! And awesome on the 1/6 swift! I can't wait to see it myself. I want to build a large scale rc one eventually. And yeah I've done some aerotowing in the past, but not a lot, and not with giant scale gliders.

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
            Hi Colin,
            Thanks for joining the group and congrats on getting started in scale soaring. Like you, I was an avid full scale pilot and flew RC quite a bit as well, once I ventured into Scale Soaring and aerotowing, most other types of flying is just an afterthought.
            You'll love attending aerotows, hopefully you can make the SERA event May, 4-7 . more info is here
            ​​​​​​http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/...ng-eastern-usa

I'll be attending again this year with Jim this time. Should be fun, the last two years were a blast.

Len
            If it's anywhere near as much fun as fullscale gliding I know I'm in for a treat!!

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
              Alright Michael, that's enough out of you.
              Okay, ol' buddy! Can't wait til we all fly some more!

Meadowlarksoaring, I hope we didn't get in your Dad's or anybody else's way... we got the grand tour and everything! I'd like to build a -63 with clipped wings like one of the old Reno Racers!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post

Okay, ol' buddy! Can't wait til we all fly some more!

Meadowlarksoaring, I hope we didn't get in your Dad's or anybody else's way... we got the grand tour and everything! I'd like to build a -63 with clipped wings like one of the old Reno Racers!
                No I'm sure you didn't get in their way at all! There is tons of room there haha. Yeah the P-63 is such a unique airplane, I love it! The Reno racer is iconic in my book, that would make an awesome subject to model.

Comment

Where in GA?

Comment

Originally posted by AGriffith View Post
                    Where in GA?
                    I live in Henry County (Locust Grove), and go to school in Eastman Georgia which is kind of Inbetween Perry and Dublin Georgia.

Comment

Working...
                    X