No announcement yet.

2015 Sky High Aero Tow Muncy Pa June 4-7, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This event kept me so engaged that I didn't take many pictures (hopefully, JeffD will have his usual great collection). Tony and the local club are wonderful hosts and just plain good folks. This event is now two years old and is fast becoming legendary for its quality...flying, food, and friendly people.

Just a warning, we are like stray cats...keep feeding us and we will keep coming back!

I got to meet some new people, BobT and CrisF among others...and I got to see some new planes fly, the Faulk motor glider, a pair of 2-33's, another ASW-20, and a huge Hemple KA-6.

Just too many great memories to list, if you were 't there, you missed a really good time.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

A great 4 day event. Thank you again to Tony and his entire crew for a great time, great field as well as fantastic food! Despite the changes in the weather, the flying conditions had lift conditions each day.

Thanks to Len, Jim, Bob and Steve for towing duties and job well done.

I will get on to the photos and post the link here as soon as I can.

Jeff

Comment

All I can say is... it's getting fun here at Muncy, especially the camping.
        Had a great time especially meeting new people and seeing the regulars.
        Thanks again to the Muncy skyhigh group for putting on a great event and a fantastic Saturday night barbecue and letting us use the barn to store our sailplanes and tugs overnight.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Only the campers know what happens at night when the hotel going people are gone! Sorry hotel'ers. What happens during the night at Muncy stays at Muncy.

I'm sure Jeff D will post a picture of our fun times.
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Wow, What a great weekend - You are right Steve P, how could I forget the Flutter? That was amazing. I wonder what the carbon cub pilot thought when Len said "race you down"!

Steve K
            Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

I want to thank everyone who attended this years Aerotow event in Muncy Pa. It was sad to see the loss of Steve's sailplane and len's Porter go down. We did some hill climbing to find it and thanks to all that helped search for it. I also want to thank everyone who volunteered to help with the event.

Thanks Again
              Tony, Marsha and the entire Muncy Club.
              Last edited by quazar1; 06-09-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Steve,

Condolences on the Antares. Last year I damaged my Let DG1000 there and will not soon forget it. Hopefully I will remaiden it at the HH aerotow next week.

Jim,

Very neat sculpture.

Comment

Photos from Muncy are done. Here is the link to the album.

Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Enjoy,
                  Jeff

Comment

• oppsedaisy
                    oppsedaisy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Super effort Jeff, thanks to you and everyone involved.

Nice set of pictures as always Jeff.

Jeremy and Ben
                  SCC AAA TT

Comment

Awesome Jeff!! Thank you so much, for the time you take out from flying to get these fantastic photos. The one's you turned to black and white are really cool!! Catch up with you in Delaware.

Scot

Comment

• Jeff D
                      Jeff D commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Scot. I appreciate the support from you and everyone else.

Credit where credit is due. A few of the shots are the one's your wife took with my camera while I was flying the Blanik (really hard to do both at the same time). Tell her thanks again. She snagged a couple of good ones.

Jeff

We'll have to keep working on her so we can add another photographer to the crew. That way you can have more time flying!! She enjoys photography and the combination of sailplanes and clouds makes stuff that I think we can lull her into getting jazzed about photographing. If not, we'll need more wine, that usually does the trick!! Chances of success will be highest if I stay out of the process...

Scot

Comment

Jeff D,
                      very nice photo's! I really like the one of the fire on the beef at the BBQ and the one with the power plant in the background, it's hard to believe the plant is almost 5 miles away.

Tony

Comment

Jeff, A really great selection of pictures to show how great the event, flying site and people are in Muncy. Love the shots of the Decathlon hauling up the 1/2 scale KA ! Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X