Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 East Coast Scale Soaring Aerotow Events -- schedule and planning discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 East Coast Scale Soaring Aerotow Events -- schedule and planning discussion

Gang,

Some of us have been bouncing around dates for scale soaring events. We'd like to share with you the latest plan for further input and comment.

March 21-24 - Cumberland Spring Soar, Cumberland, MD

April 18-21 - New England Aerotow, Salem CT.

May 16-19 - Sky High Spring, Muncy, PA

June 12-15 - Horizon Hobby 25th Anniversary, Monticello, IL

Also, U.S. GPS Nationals, Montague, California - June 2: Practice and Tuning day - June 3-5: Scale/SLS Class- June 6-8: Sport Class.

Also, International Vintage Sailplane Meeting 2024, Harris Hill, Elmira, NY, July 6-13

July 18-21 - Cumberland Summer Soar, Cumberland, MD

August 15-18 - NY Finger Lakes Aerotow, Location TBD

September 12-15 - Sky High Fall, Muncy, PA (moved one week earlier than 2023 at participant request, conflicts with NEAT Fair)

October 3-6 - Black Dirt Aerotow, Goshen, NY

October 31 - November 3 - 58th Annual Cumberland Soar For Fun, Cumberland, MD

Thanks for looking! Appreciate any constructive input. I will continually update this first post

PS: Huge thanks to Dustin for working with Jim and me to streamline these forums. You will see refined categories on the forum home page and improved organization.

Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve P; 01-19-2024, 03:33 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Thanks Steve and other organizers. Fortunately, these all look good for me. so god willin and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.

Comment

Salem is confirmed for April 2024 dates listed above. FRIA Identifier: 2023-CBO-00221-FRIA

In discussions with Harris Hill Soaring via Kevin and the National Soaring Museum via me about the practicality of early AM and PM flying at the 2024 IVSM set for July 6 to 13 -- the feedback from NSM is that the final weekend of IVSM is less busy that the first weekend (that's the weekend before Cumberland).

More to come. Put all these on your calendars -- in ink!

Steve

https://www.soaringmuseum.org/international-vintage-sailplane-meet-registration.php

Click image for larger version  Name:	New England Aerotow 2024.png Views:	28 Size:	663.2 KB ID:	49613
      Last edited by Steve P; 01-19-2024, 05:23 PM.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

winnamac dates?

Comment

Salem, CT April aerotow is next up!

PLEASE NOTE: All pilots at this event must have a copy of their TRUST certificate, FAA registration card, and the FAA registration number displayed on the outside of their models. No exceptions.

Comment

what is a trust cert

Comment

Working...
          X