14th Annual Cumberland Spring Soar for Fun ~ March 16-19, 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14th Annual Cumberland Spring Soar for Fun ~ March 16-19, 2023

The traditional dates for the Cumberland events seem to have served us well, so the plan is to stay with them. That makes the spring event March 16-19, 2023, the summer event July 13-16, 2023, and the fall event November 2-5, 2023.

Please use the Scale Soaring Registration so we can better serve those who plan to attend. Knowing in advance greatly helps with event logistics.

Upon arrival at the event, please check in with the Event Manager and complete the AMA Sanctioned Event form and submit the Landing Fee Donation ($20/day or $60/event).

Daily lunch will be served.

Looking forward to the 2023 season!

BTW, the HighPoint Aviation Airfield now has an official address: 1268 Sunny Side Drive, Ridgeley, West Virginia 26753

Check the HighPoint Aviation Airfield website for driving directions: www.camsrc.org

Click image for larger version  Name:	Spring22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	48762
    A Site for Soar Eyes

I was checking the long range forecast for the event today. Puxatawney Phil, Buffalo Bert, and Holtsville Hal all predicted more winter. On the other hand Staten Island Chuck, Malvern Mel and French Creek Freddie all predicted an early spring.

Lets hole the local knowledge of French Creek Freddie holds true.

Comment

The Model Box Shameless Commercial and Hotel Booking!

It's that time again Gentleman, if you need me to bring anything along to this event please let me know by calling The Model Box 205 978 8787.
      Swiss Miss (St. Janet) has once again arranged discounted rooms at The Fairfield Inn Cumberland, if you are in need please call them directly 301 722 0340 and mention the Cumberland Aerotow!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

The Model Box Shameless Commercial #2!
        Just one week left, still time to let me know if you need anything from The Model Box!
        Call the shop with your needs, 205 978 8787.

Jeremy
        SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Hi Jim
          My family is thinking about joining me to the aerotow.
          My girls are 10 and 8 years old.
          Do you have any recommendations for things to do in the area for kids. I know that they will get bored being at the filed all day long.
          Juan

Comment

• JimD
            JimD commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Juan, the area around Canal Place has a lot of interesting things as well as a nice hiking/biking trail.
            Canal Place, Cumberland, Maryland. 4,422 likes · 2 talking about this · 6,020 were here. Transportation heritage is alive at Canal Place, Maryland's first Certified Heritage Area....

Hi there, kids. Today’s word is slope. Can you say slope? Slope!

Can you use slope in a sentence? Tuesday and Wednesday will be epic effing slope, Mr. Rogers!!!

Good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	49210

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

This is the week, ready or not!

March is a volatile month weatherwise, but we can say for sure that it will be calm & windy, sunny & cloudy, warm & cold, and wet & dry... so plan accordingly
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Already checked into our room, arriving tomorrow morning by 10AM.

Comment

Apparently this is the only aerotow equipment I am currently able to use. Disappointed I'l be missing this event. Hoping everyone has a great time. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4639.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	49217

Comment

Hope to see you soon Conio!
                  Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                  X