• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England Aerotow - April 13-16, 2023 - Salem, Connecticut

The RC PROPBUSTERS’
    New England 2023 SCALE Soaring Aerotow
    April 13-16, 2023

The RC Propbusters present our annual four-day scale sailplane aerotow weekend. Come enjoy our beautiful flying site in Salem, Connecticut. Soaring from a manicured grass field, the surrounding farm fields and rural terrain produces fantastic thermal activity! The CT coast has lots to offer families from great seafood, historic town of Mystic and Mystic Seaport, Rhode Island ocean beaches and the 24/7 action at Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods resorts.

WELCOME BEGINNERS and ELECTRIC FLYERS: If you own a scale sailplane or are interested in getting started, we'll help you get some stick time. All forms of electric-powered sailplanes are welcome to fly. No winch or high start flying is permitted.

Lunches: Pizza on Thursday, Grill gang in action both Friday & Saturday, Sunday BYO

Tow donation: $60/all four days, $25/day. Active tow pilots $40/all four days. Field donations always welcome.

Registration: www.scalesoaring.com/new-england-registration Current AMA or MAAC required.

Directions to our Salem, Connecticut flying site
    N 41 29.509, W 72 13.590 479 Norwich Road, Salem, CT 06420. From intersection of CT Routes 85 & 82, go East on Rt. 82 for about 3 miles. Entrance to the field is on the right. If you come to Rt. 354 (Gardner Lake) you have gone ¼ mile too far. From I-395, Exit 80, Rt. 82 toward Salem. The field is about 6 miles on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	48743
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Salem. Connecticut. Be. There.

Name:	
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	49262
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Clouds, temperatures, wind direction and speed for the first two days....

Name:	
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	49264

Comment

Thanks for an awesome day, crazy lift everywhere. My neck is plenty sore.
        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

What a great day Friday. The best of weather and the best of friends. My first time out this year so I hope I did not look too bad.

Alan Scuterud took some photos and also tried out a bit of video. I put together a short video just for fun.

https://youtu.be/v6nf7oIhQ1Y

Last edited by Steve P; 04-16-2023, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Excellent event. Really got to dial in the chmelak. Thanks to Steve and Len for hosting. It was great seeing Conio. Also met some new flyers and helps to get flying better. see you in Muncy!!
            Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

That’s a wrap! A bit of August heat in April. At least it wasn’t humid!

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the event and thereby the club as well. As always, huge additional thanks to the tow pilots for the integral role you play! A huge variety of sailplanes in the air from well loved foamies to lots of carbon and composites. The campsite also saw more residents than the past. Len’s mobile workshop and airplane hospital received a few patients and was able to get them back flying.

The pizza on Thursday got very good reviews and then the grill guys at the Greasy Propeller took over and fed us Friday and Saturday. Really appreciate that help!

Now it’s onward to Muncy and Sky High Spring Soar! The dates are May 18-21 and some of us will be there on Wednesday the 17th if not earlier.

Thanks
              Steve

Comment

Thanks to everybody for everything!

Comment

Yes , thanks again to all for making it happen and the good times. See you all next time . Matt

Comment

Thanks, it was fun for the short time we were there. My wife thought it was cool seeing some of planes in person that she has seen in the videos here.

Comment

It was great to be with everyone on Saturday and get several flights in. It's good to get back to flying and I even remembered what some of the switches on my transmitter do......just took me a moment or two !

As always, a special thanks to all the tow pilots that get us up in the air....Saturday I think it was Len, SteveP, SteveK, KevinK......my apologies if I forgot anyone.

The NE Aerotow is a wonderful event that I have been able to attend for many years now......many thanks to Len, Steve, and the R/C Propbusters......for going out of their way as they always do.....to make it welcoming and enjoyable for all.

Looking forward to next year !

Comment

Another great event in the books. It was so good to finally get out again to exercise the thumbs, be with friends and continue to meet new ones. Good to see the camping group growing too!

Thank you to Steve, Len, RcPropbusters and everyone else for organizing the event. Thanks to tow pilots, Steve, Len, Steve K, and Keven K for getting us airborne.

Here is the link to the album. I'm trying something new - using a small drone to get some different perspective shots. We'll see if it works out to be a good tool in the camera bag...
                        Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Enjoy.

See you in Muncy.

Comment

Working...
                        X