Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon it will be 2023. Let's talk eastern U.S. dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon it will be 2023. Let's talk eastern U.S. dates!

Fall is here with the few remaining events on the calendar yet to enjoy. We've already been doing some scheming, so let me start the conversation with news from Jim Dolly and yours truly...

12/15/22: Events below are now confirmed with the exception of the Fall Sky High. Would appreciate any feedback on that for either set of dates.

Cumberland Spring Soar, Ridgeley, WV - March 16-19, 2023

New England Aerotow, Salem, CT - April 13-16, 2023

Sky High Spring Aerotow, Muncy, PA - May 18-21, 2023

Cumberland Summer Soar, Ridgeley, WV - July 13-16, 2023

Windy Ridge Aerotow - August 10-13, 2022

Sky High Fall Aerotow, Muncy, PA - September 7-10, 2023 or alternative 14-17?

Black Dirt Aerotow, Goshen, NY - October 5-7, 2023

57th Annual Cumberland Soar For Fun, Ridgeley, WV - November 2-5, 2023

Start marking those calendars and let's keep building!

Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve P; 12-15-2022, 03:20 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

While I am on the subject… It would be great to make certain that every event in 2023 has all three classes of GPS triangle courses set – – scale, sport, light. They can be promoted along with the main event.

Yes, the sport and light classes are not technically the fare of aerotows, but they could potentially help attract a few more soaring folks to the event, increase the excitement,and help grow the hobby. It would be a high class problem if there was too much interest.

What does the hive mind here think?
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
      Sinkhappens86 commented
      Editing a comment
      The more pilots the bettter!

Thread cleaned up and additional dates listed. What more do you all have?

Comment

Thanks to all the organizers for getting these dates out so early. Did my 2023 travel plans around these so I am not out of town for one or more.

The sport and / or light triangles could be a good idea. I personally fly shorter courses at our home field just to practice finding corners and using the system. More pilots is usually a better thing.

Comment

The LSF Nats Soaring Schedule has been posted on RC Groups.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

July 12-14 (Wed-Fri): F3H/XC @ Monroe Central School. CD - Wally 'by Golly' Adasczik - Entry fee $0.00

July 14-15 (Fri-Sat): F3RES @ AMA Site 5. CD - TBD - Entry fee $20.00

July 16-17 (Sun-Mon): 444 Unlimited @ AMA Site 5. CD - Wally 'by Golly' Adasczik - Entry fee $20.00

July 18-19 (Tue-Wed): 463 ALES @ AMA Site 5. CD - Norm Poti

July 20–21 (Thur-Fri): 464 F5J @ AMA Site 5. CD - Jim McCarthy - Entry fee $30.00 ($10.00 team donation included)

July 22-23 (Sat-Sun): 462 F3K @ AMA Site 4. CD - TBD - Entry fee $20.00

July 22-23 (Sat-Sun): GPS Racing @ AMA Site 5. CD - John Marien - Entry fee $20.00

The good news is there should be GPS Light and Sport GPS I think. No aerotow. The bad news is that the first three events overlap Cumberland Summer Soar. It's sad they dropped NOS soaring for the 100th Nats. Bummer that Unlimited starts the last day of Cumberland. I guess I have to choose between glider camp in some corn field or glider heaven in Cumberland.

Comment

• Steve P
          Steve P commented
          Editing a comment
          The claim is all three classes of GPS, 3 rounds of each per day over the two days.

• mlachow
          mlachow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. That is what they say. I have the 2PK for GPS Light. Guy in brown truck somewhere has my Paradigm for sport class.

Bummer is overlap with Cumberland Summer Soar if you want to fly F3RES and Unlimited.
      Working...
      X