• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220810_141208102.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	48266

Awesome lift at Windy Ridge yesterday, and the event hadn't even officially started yet!
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Awesome event! Thanks so much to Steve, Kevin and the Windy Ridge Club!

Each day I was there Wednesday-Saturday offered beautiful, dry, cool for August weather and vastly different flying conditions. Wednesday, spectacular. Thursday, windy and huge lift travelling through. Friday a mixed bag with still some wind. Saturday huge lift right next to monster sink. Every day fun fun fun! Great to see the faithful there and to fly with you all.

I had some Albatross 3.2 issues causing my Android to reboot otherwise I'm certain those lost flights would have won the GPS Cup switching back to 2.4 resolved the issues. Still going to try 3.2 again and see perhaps if it originally downloaded wrong.

Onward to Sky High in Muncy, PA September 15-18. THIS IS A FANTASTIC CAMPING SITE! If hotels are too much these days, our soaring home at High Acre Farm is a great place to camp.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Was a great venue, first time camping for me and I will do it again. The time and money saved were well worth it, some good memories around the camp fire, give it a try!

here are the picture I took during the event

Stéphane
        Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Finally getting around to say thanks. It was great weather, great location, great people and great flying. Hopefully we can come back next year.

Comment

Steve, Kevin and the guys from Windy Ridge did a great job putting this event on and the weather was excellent for flying and camping!
            Thank you for all your efforts as well as great friendship. Everyone attending the event seemed to get plenty of flying.

Major advantages to this venue,

- Overnight hanger storage for the airplanes
            -Excellent camping area
            -Intersecting long grass runways
            -Food within 6 miles of the field
            -strong thermal lift as well as some slope lift
            -ample Pit area and pilot area to spread out

Those who have not attended need to and those that didn't attend this year missed a good one. Lets get everyone back to these events and continue build our segment of the hobby!

Looking forward to returning soon

Len

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thank you EVERYONE for a fun few days of flying and camaraderie. I greatly appreciated Len, Steve, Stephane and Conios help with my gear as well as all who helped look on the runway for the parts! What a great group this is ! I am very grateful and honored to be a part of the group. Thanks to Steve and Kevin Kremer for there time getting this event ready.

Dave

Comment

Thanks to everyone who came out to Windy Ridge! It lived up to it's name at a couple points during the weekend, but everyone who attended flew A TON. Monster lift, lots of laps, always a tow plane when you wanted one, beautiful sunsets and great friends. And the best part? It was totally dry! Thanks to Len, Steve P, Gunny, Bert and Jack for all the towing. Big thanks to the club and Mike O for the help with the tent, tables and mowing the intersecton for us. Special thanks to Dave for once again letting us invade his airport and fly non-stop for 5 days. Looking forward to the next one.
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Soarntz View Post
                  I greatly appreciated Len, Steve, Stephane and Conios help with my gear as well as all who helped look on the runway for the parts! What a great group this is
                  Dave
                  There is still a team on the case!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	48303

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

This was a big hit at Windy Ridge, looking forward to using it more!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Looks good Kevin. Thanks

Comment

Once again Thank you to Steve, Kevin and the rest of the Windy Ridge team for a great event. Same goes for all the tow pilots for getting us airborne again, and again, and again.... . Great seeing all the campers too. Fun times around the campfire in the evening. Love the social aspect of those gatherings as well as the daytime ones. Methinks the campfire brings out a few more "stories" though.

I also enjoyed spending time with Dustin's son Christian helping him with getting used to his new camera. He is proving to have a good eye for his subjects. Check out some of his posts on the Scale Soaring Facebook page. Keep up the good work Christian! I want to get some flight time in

What a difference this year. Last time I couldn't even drive on the field. This year working on the photos I kept looking and going "where is the green grass?" What is all this brown?

Speaking of photos, Here is the link to the album https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA3ZVt

Till next time, Enjoy.

Jeff

Comment

Was great seeing you Jeff! Love the photos. Will you be at Muncy?
                          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Great to see you and everyone else too. Planning to be there.

Comment

Great pics Jeff

Comment

Another video from Windy Ridge
                                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                                X