Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Dirt Aerotow 2022 - October 6-9 - Goshen, NY

It's baaaaaaack!

On behalf of the Black Dirt Squadron, we're excited to welcome the soaring community back to this beautiful flying site in 2022. Dates are set for Thursday, October 6 through Sunday, October 9.

Registration Black Dirt Aerotow Registration | scalesoaringAMA-sanctioned event. Current AMA or MAAC required to fly. Steve Pasierb, Event Director

Room for trailers (no hookups) and camping available on site. The club will be providing lunch each day for a small fee.

Map: https://www.blackdirtsquadron.org/our-field
    Address: 178 Indiana Road, Goshen, NY 10924

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	151.5 KB ID:	47936
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	47934
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	47935
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JimD; 06-19-2022, 12:14 PM. Reason: Updated registration link
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN: https://www.scalesoaring.com/blackdirtregistration

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	47997
    Last edited by Steve P; 06-27-2022, 06:20 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

The new diagonal runway @ Black Dirt. We're still planning a one-day-tow on 23 July. If you're interested, please PM me.

Name:	
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	48049

Name:	
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	48050

Comment

Parking should be interesting if using that new runway.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who came out this past Saturday for the day. The new long diagonal runway is a winner (we would have been in big crosswind on the other one) and the new parking plan works great. Between now and October the club hopes to finish the expanded parking lots and move the pavilions and shed into alignment.

Jerry and the club members have been nothing short of great partners. We really need to make a good showing as we return to this site if we are to truly restore BD as an annual event.

The club is getting ready, AMA approved the sanction, all we need is you! Registration is open: https://www.scalesoaring.com/blackdirtregistration

Name:	
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	48212

Comment

Update from Jerry and the club that the site is looking good and they're getting all ready for the event.

Gate will be unlocked on Wednesday and will remain unlocked for any early arrivals/campers.

Please do pre-register so we know you're coming! https://www.scalesoaring.com/blackdirtregistration

Comment

Scale class GPS triangle posted on Soaring League site…. https://www.en.soaringleague.net/?page_id=22&fld_id=299

Comment

Saw a posting in RC Groups. Food is only Friday and Saturday?

Also, looks like the site is outside the NY area TFR on Thursday. I hope. Weather looks really nice Thursday.

Comment

• Steve P
                  Steve P commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trying to confirm, but appears so. Please assume so.

Time for another big THANK YOU to everyone who made the return to Black Dirt a fun and successful long weekend. I deeply appreciate your attendance and support! Once again the weather cooperated for all four fall days.

Foremost thanks to Jerry for partnering with me to make the return down bumpy Indiana Road to the Black Dirt Squadron possible. I’m glad he took my call! We and aero towing now have a strong advocate in Jerry.

And to the lunch combo of Jerry, Jay and Mike for feeding the troops on Friday and Saturday. Coffee and doughnuts each morning hit the spot. The campers will be publishing the recipe for late night grilled left over Dunkin Munchkins.

To Steve K, Gunny B and Len B for towing duties. 2.5 gallons of gas passed through my mighty little Bidule 111 as well. Thanks Tom for sharing your end of season mixed gas with us.

As Jerry said, he’d like to to a few one-day tows at the site in 2023. For the annual event the thought is to make it a Thursday, Friday, Saturday focus since most of the soar crowd is gone by end of day Saturday and then the club can resume on Sunday. What do you think? Please share your thoughts. The target is October 5-6-7, 2023.

So, please pencil in that early October window on your 2023 calendar and again accept my sincere thanks!

All good wishes,
                Steve

Comment

Let me double up on Steve’s Thank You note. It was a very nice weekend as always good flying with good friends. The new site setup seems to work fine.

I like the four day event, even though I did bugger out early Sunday this time. On the other hand, for me at this site, 3 days would work fine. It is really about how long is the drive home and what time can you leave and have a safe drive.

One day events would be great. With a couple week notice we might get some of the local CT guys to join in.

I am going to miss the Cumberland event in November so I hope everyone has a great holiday and building season. See you in March!!!

Comment

Just few photos from the weekend.

Explore this photo album by Conio Sessa on Flickr!

Comment

Working...
                    X