X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Cumberland Summer Soar for Fun ~ July 14-17

2022 Cumberland Summer Soar for Fun ~ July 14-17

05-18-2021, 06:14 AM
    The 10h Annual Cumberland, MD Summer Soar for Fun will be held at the HighPoint Aviation Airfield (3 miles south of Cumberland near Ridgeley, WV) on July 14-17, 2022.

Directions to the field can be found on the www.highpoint-aviation.org website under the "Directions" pull-down tab.

Landing fee will be $20.00/day or $60.00 for all four days of the event.

*** Click Here to Register***

Click image for larger version  Name:	Summer SFF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.5 KB ID:	47696
    A Site for Soar Eyes

The Model Box Shameless Commercial #1

Yes Gentlemen, just 2 weeks to go! So if we can supply you with any of your modeling needs, or just a new toy, please let us know!
    You can call the shop @205 978 8787

Thanks
    Jeremy

SCCA AAA TT TN

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Summer 2020.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	48042

The wait is almost over...only one more week until the Cumberland Summer Soar for Fun!

The list of registrants is growing:

Len B
      Alfred D
      Jim D
      Dave H
      Jeremy H
      Tim K
      Steve K
      Mike L
      Bill L
      Joe L
      Matt L
      Tom M
      Bob M
      Tom P
      Steve P
      Burt P-R
      Les P
      Stephane R
      Conio S
      Steven Z

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The Model Box Shameless Commercial #2

Yes, just one week left to this great event, thank's to all who have placed an order with us!
        Tomorrow is the last day we can order from Horizon to get it in time. We have good stock of Radio's, Receiver's, Smart Charger's and Batteries. The hot new item right now is the new UMX Timber X, great for practicing 3D using a 300mah 3S! We will have some with us along with other planes!
        So don't wait and call the Shop 205 978 8787

Thank's
        Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Only one more day until the Summer Soar for Fun. Current list of registrants:

Pete A
          Len B
          George B
          Alfred D
          Jim D
          Dave H
          Jeremy H
          Tim K
          Steve K
          Mike L
          Bill L
          Joe L
          Matt L
          Tom M
          George M
          James M
          Bob M
          Tom P
          Steve P
          Burt P-R
          Les P
          Stephane R
          Conio S
          Mark Y
          Steven Z
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Up, Up, and away!!!

Name:	George.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	48113

Name:	Mike.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	48114

Name:	Pete.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	48115

What a Day!!!

Name:	What a day.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	48116
            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Great to see everyone at Jim’s little mountain paradise. From some epic slope lift Tuesday afternoon once the thunderstorms passed to some blooming lift an epic sink at times, we had all the great conditions for a fun and challenging soaring vacation.

Someone had asked what it’s like off to the far left side of the area. We were talking about the sheer cliff and the valley below. So, I thought I’d post a couple photos for those who have not made the journey out to the edge. Every aspect of being up on the mountain has its own form of beauty.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	48121

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	48122

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve,
                Great photos! Wow, I love walking around the site between flights. Is there a path to see the cliff or do you just walk south?

Here's a quick edit of a chase video of Matt flying his Antares on the last official task flown for the 2022 GPS cup!

Comment

Well that was a most spectacular week. Two days have to make the top ten aero towing days ever. So thanks to Jim for maintaining this wonderful site. Thanks for all the tows, such skill should not be ignored.

definitely worth a walk out to the cliff. When I went out I just went straight out with a little right turn at the end. It is just over a mile round trip. It provides an interesting perspective of where we fly especially where the tree line is.

I missed a few people on my way out, so to all, it was great to see and fly with you.

Comment

Thanks again Jim for a perfect event and all the tow pilots and volunteers. Was a blast and great to see everyone once again. Love that cliff view and have only walked out there once but well worth the exercise if you have not seen it in person, but those are truly great photos Steve. Lots of fun GPS triangles all week, bummed I missed the excellent first day though with van issues, seem liked the best day. Was fun on the very last flight Sunday with Pete trailing me in still air and camera, thanks Pete! Excellent to see that view. Hope to see many of you in the next week and half at the one day Black dirt event!.

best,
                    Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X