No announcement yet.

NARCA 2016 Aerotow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thermals today. I set a personal best with my 1/4 scale Schweizer 1-26 on my first flight. Al towed me up with his Pulldog and I released at about 1100 feet in some good lift. Stayed up a really long time and was approaching an hour. At 58 minutes I had accepted the fact I was gonna have to land. I was east of the field and set up my base to final turn over the trees and into the slot. At just below treetop level, in the middle of my final turn, I hit some lift. Al was standing there with me as I dared to make a turn that low. That turned into about two or three circles at treetop height before I climbed out over the clubhouse. A few minutes later I was blasting through 1000 feet. Several more rides up above 2000 feet and then I lost the lift. I landed at 1 hour 51 minutes 20 seconds. Man, that was a long flight!

A couple more short flights after I ate lunch and then I called it a day. It was hot out there today. Good times with my aerotow buddies! Let's do it again tomorrow!

Andy

Comment

Whats going on down there? Nobody flying?

We're all waiting for pictures. You know we're desperate to see some sailplanes.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Another great show at NARCA. Lots of good lift, good friends, and a bit of wind on the last 2 days. Even along with Saturday's high wind there was some amazing lift.
        Thanks to all who made it happen, including Swiss1 and Tom who provided the majority of the towing.

Christian's ducted fan Ventus (Big!!) and Jeremy's Turbo Porter (Big!!) made me wonder (in a good way) what hobby I was in. I got used to the new sound of aerotowing.

It's a bit early, but I'm looking forward to next year.

Comment

Yep, Andy had an amazing flight with his 1-26! Text book example of working scratch when he thermaled out from tree top altitude. Like watching a DLG. Lift on Thursday was the best I've ever seen at Epps. Lots of fun flying took place, even in the wind on Saturday. I got in a lot of tows with my Pulldog and it did OK. And thanks to Jeremy I now have turbine envy! Got to see Mike's Texaco Eaglet - beautiful work! Burt got in a lot of air time and acro with his big ships. John got in quite a few flights with his Moswey and Cherokee II. It was great to see everyone and I'm already looking forward to next year. I saw Snatch taking a lot of pix, so hope he posts them.

Comment

Yep, had lots of fun and tow's with the Decathlon and Turbine Porter. Snatch did take pictures, so we are waiting to see how long it takes him to post them
            I even got some tows from Snatch with the Antares

Jeremy and Ben
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

OK, this is all of the photos I have.
              See link below:

North Alabama Radio Control Association Epps Airpark, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Tom!

Comment

I see someone got their new truck! 🚚
                  A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Tom, just now found your link to the photos you took. Great pix. And thanks for shooting my Pulldog tow plane!

Comment

Working...
                    X