Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49th Annual Cumberland Maryland Soar For Fun !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like everyone I know is attending this event, Should be an exceptional turn out!!! Lets hope for great weather to end this busy aerotowing season. Looking forward to seeing Jim and the mountain again, the fire pit while flying in the slope will be a treat.

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

The lunch menu is shaping up like this:

Thursday: Hartley's Pizza ~ this is like what we served for Thursday evening at the summer event. Rather unique pizza that is not loaded with grease and garlic.

Friday: Todd's BBQ beef brisket, pulled pork, and baked beans ~ this is like what we served for the Saturday evening meal at the summer event.

Saturday: Baltimore Honey Baked Ham ~ a tradition for Saturday courtesy of the BASS group.

Sunday: Hebrew National Hot Dogs on the grill ~ all beef quality kosher meat.

Monday: Turkey Club Sandwiches from Linda's Restaurant made with fresh roasted turkey
      Last edited by JimD; 10-28-2015, 01:03 AM. Reason: Added word "like" for clarity per Professor Hartmann!
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Always look forward to the opportunity to fly on the mountain. Matt and I should be getting in late Wednesday night ready for Thursday! All we'll need is Steve so we can get Matt's new ride ready!!

Comment

Matt's plane should be on site during the noon hour Wednesday.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

looking forward to the event... Menu looks great Jim! Thanks Steve, looking forward to flying her....Yes maybe we can pack the trailer already a few days before on this weekend Scott...will figure it all out soon. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
              The lunch menu is shaping up like this:

Thursday: Hartley's Pizza ~ this is what we served for Thursday evening at the summer event. Rather unique pizza that is not loaded with grease and garlic.

Friday: Todd's BBQ beef brisket, pulled pork, and baked beans ~ this is what we served for the Saturday evening meal at the summer event.

Saturday: Baltimore Honey Baked Ham ~ a tradition for Saturday courtesy of the BASS group.

Sunday: Hebrew National Hot Dogs on the grill ~ all beef quality kosher meat.

Monday: Turkey Club Sandwiches from Linda's Restaurant made with fresh roasted turkey

I know we had a lot off food at the Summer event, but that's a lot of left over's Jim, could we not get something fresh
              Always good food Jim, just could not resist

Jeremy and Ben

SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• JimD
                JimD commented
                Editing a comment
                See edit to original post ... 🙄

George and I will be there Thursday through monday... REALLY looking forward to the Slope, View and stuff like that!.. Steve, i have a Hat from Sugarbush with your name on it (well, not actually on it) It's yours for Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1556.png
Views:	50
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	4923
              Last edited by Soarntz; 10-29-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I stopped in for a tour of the new Holiday Inn Express in LaVale next to D'Atri's Restaurant. Here are some pictures of the facility.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

The Swiss cross presentation whetted my appetite for Cumberland SFF. I had a hard time hearing the explanations, but the background sound of tow planes and wind quickened my pulse.

Oh, wait, I just found my hearing aids.

See y'all soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Soarntz View Post
                    George and I will be there Thursday through monday... REALLY looking forward to the Slope, View and stuff like that!.. Steve, i have a Hat from Sugarbush with your name on it (well, not actually on it) It's yours for [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4923[/ATTACH]
                    Hello Dave, I'll see you and George on Friday, and save some of that mountain air for me.

Carl

Comment

Weather looks great!

Comment

Hoping to head out tomorrow afternoon and get within a two hour drive for Thursday morning. This is looking really good.

Jim: bad news. The chef is not going to make the trip. Something about cooking for her kids.

Comment

Batteries charging, preparing the trip. See you Friday

Stephane
                          Stéphane
                          Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

I'm already here !
                            Gunny
                            Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Pulling out at 5am with Snatch for a 12 hour trip, see you all on the mountain later today!

Jeremy and Ben
                              SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                              X