No announcement yet.

2021 Windy Ridge Aerotow Aug 19-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be arriving mid day Wednesday for set up and maybe a flight or two. I am not checking the weather forecast, I am sure it will be wonderful.

Comment

Burt,

Your GPS should do fine, since you are coming from the west
      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Runways are mowed and ready, thanks to Steve K and Mike O. Ready to get this party started!
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks to Mike O, Paul S, Tom K, and Steve K. Field striped thanks to Gary H!
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Early arrivals.
            Attached Files
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

We're dealing with some major ruts at the entrance to the field. Parking plans are fluid (haha) at the moment. Call my cell 607 426 4747 or Steve's 607 329 6269 when you get close for the most up to date info.
              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Steve P
                Steve P commented
                Editing a comment
                An amphibious assault is recommended. Mere land vehicles shall not pass. Where is Aquaman when we need him?!

Back in action boys.
              Attached Files
              Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Day 2 here at Rainy, oh oops I mean Windy Ridge!
                Attached Files
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Well there was great weather yesterday that brought on great flying and great conversations. Thursday Pm was pretty good also. However the weather gods were determined to turn this into an adventure. I was happy when I got my trailer in before the rain on Wednesday. This morning that happiness seemed a little premature. All worked out with a bit of aggressive driving and at least one big splash (how it did not hit Kevin or Jack). On the road safe for the 6 hours or so to get home.

Hope others on the field were as lucky.

Thanks to Kevin and Steve for putting the event together. They are excellent ambassadors for our little side of the hobby. Congratulations to Jack for becoming our newest tow pilot. That kids got some skills, and maybe a good teacher / mentor. I apologize to any folks I did not get a chance to say goodbye to. I was a bit focused on the task at hand.

Now I wait for the hurricane?????

Hope to see you all at Muncy..

Comment

what are the dates for muncie

Comment

Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                      what are the dates for muncie
                      September 9-12

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Sergeant Dan told Forrest Gump the most important thing he could do is to take care of his feet!

I should’ve taken that advice after a couple days of 12 to 14 hours of wet feet — felt good to stop once I left the field early this morning and slip into some dry socks and much more comfortable sneakers. Rolled in around 12:15 and got everything unpacked so I could do some necessary hurricane prep and score some generator gas here at home.

Huge thanks to Kevin and Steve for putting up with all of us and all of the conditions. We appreciate you more than you’ll ever know! And Jack is a rockstar! That kid is the man I hope to be someday. You can just see the pure joy he takes in everything he does. He’s good for our collective souls.

I hope the field side trailers are all able to be coaxed out to higher ground. On the upside, those of us who are parked up in the high rent district got a lot of really good exercise back-n-forth.

Another great chapter in this crazy hobby. Be well, all.
                        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I second what Steve P said with this exception - my Columbia boot were advertised as waterproof and proven to actually be waterproof. I thought the flying on Friday was fantastic! More thanks to Kremer Aerotow Team for all their work, including vehicle extraction.

Comment

Many thanks to Steve and Kevin for putting on a great event......really wonderful to be here and catch up with everyone.

A bit of a rainy start getting in Wednesday, but had great flying the following days.

Looking forward to next year !

Comment

Ok, I have done it again. I believe I left my rain jacket, possibly on Bob Morrow’s table. If anyone finds it I would appreciate you bringing to the next outing.

thanks
                              Conio

Comment

Working...
                              X