2021 Annual New England Aerotow set for May 13-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Annual New England Aerotow set for May 13-16

Oh. It's on... it's on like Donkey Kong!

REGISTRATION: https://www.scalesoaring.com/new-england-registration

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	43915
    Last edited by Steve P; 03-02-2021, 02:32 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Are there any slope soaring sites local or within a reasonable drive say an hour

Comment

• Steve P
      Steve P commented
      Editing a comment
      Not an hour. Cape Cod sites, Ellenville, NY and a few here and there.

Great news! I've spent all winter packing up my shop and moving it to the garage in our new house. That's the good news. The other news is the new house needs a total remodel. Demo phase is over and my priority is the sealing and painting the 1400 sq ft basement which will be my new shop! 10 week countdown starts now!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ShopStuff.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	43923
    Attached Files

Comment

The only thing we need now is you!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	44448
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

REGISTRATION IS OPEN: https://www.scalesoaring.com/new-england-registration

Attached Files

Comment

Kremer Aerotow Team is planning to arrive Wednesday evening!
          Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

UPDATE
            The club is planning to have the grill open on Friday and Saturday and will have food for sale if you are so inclined to have hot delicious hamburgers and hotdogs.
            Thursday is bring your own food day,

We're looking forward to a great time with a ton of flying. Come early and soar with us.

Len
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thanks for the update Len, I'll bring my appetite...

Comment

It's is our pleasure to provide outstanding conditions...

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	44595

Comment

Thursday and Friday have been gorgeous. Weekend forecast.....

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	44612

Comment

Just got back from 3 days at the New England Aerotow.

Amazing weather all the days I was there.........The flying conditions were fantastic !

It is always great to catch up with old friends and meet new ones at events...especially after the past year with little ability to be out with each other in person.

As always...special thanks to all the tow pilots who made it possible for us to fly....Len, Steve P., Steve K., Kevin K., Tom M. (my apologies if I forgot any others).

Many thanks to the R/C Propbusters and their hospitality........The flying conditions are field are excellent and the lunches every day were very appreciated.

A very special thanks to Len and Steve P. and all they do to make this event possible.......always there to help in every way to make it enjoyable and successful for everyone !

Comment

Ride home was not so bad but plenty of traffic. This does not put a damper on how great the last 4 days were. Plenty of flying with outstanding afternoon lift each day. Good friends as always.

I grabbed a few gps logs of where I was flying and I was a very bad boy. That road is much closer than I imagined. So lesson learned.

Thanks for the tows and the help with repairs and all the good advice as always.

Comment

I'll second what Bob and Conio said (except for the being naughty part) to thank all involved - what a crew, what a time!

Comment

....and I'll third that! Great to see everyone and fly with you. Thanks for hosting another perfect event so we can do what we love.

best,
                          Matt

Comment

A HUGE THANK YOU!

The weather gods really smiled on our annual 4-day Propbusters New England Aerotow with spectacular flying conditions, big boomers, some impressive sucking sink and a good turnout given Covid is still a deterrent for some to travel and stay in hotels. We also got our usual strong turn out of spectators. Interesting, Thursday and Friday attendance was stronger than Saturday and Sunday saw the faithful fly until about 1:30 when the crowded Sunday highways called.

In addition to the fun and connections with fellow flyers we all get to enjoy, everyone's participation is important to keep our club going. And, sincerely appreciated. Registration netted $1100 for the club's bank account (check in the mail to John Banks) and the grill gang looked really busy on Friday and Saturday feeding the crowd - which should contribute more revenue to keep the club healthy and the field rent/expenses covered.

Len and I deeply appreciate everyone's support and hands-on work to make the event another success. Especially the tow pilots who are so essential. This was the 11th year for this event after we had to cancel in 2020, so next year makes it an even dozen! Mark your calendar for a run to Salem, CT in May of 2022!

For those in the region, next event up is the Memorial Fun Fly, June 12-13 where anything that can get airborne is welcome. We may try to get a local tow session in over the Memorial Day weekend. Will post in the Salem thread here on ScaleSoaring once we know more.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X