Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CANCELED 4th Annual Windy Ridge Aerotow June 27-30 — fly at Cumberland, MD instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad luck guys, we will miss the flying friends and food. Hope you can work something out for later this year.

I will try to change plans to make it to Cumberland instead. should work it out tomorrow.

Comment

I'm planning on attending a couple days, camping 2 nights. Arrive Thursday afternoon or Friday morning... Not sure which.

Comment

Arriving Wednesday, leave Monday is the plan.

Perhaps we can talk about doing Windy Ridge in AUG 1,2,3,4,??? Just sayin.

Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          Windy Ridge in early August would be great!!!

• BobM
          BobM commented
          Editing a comment
          Windy Ridge early August is a great plan.

Onward to Mineral County, WV! See ya’ll there later this week.

Windy (not muddy) Ridge in early August is a great idea.
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

The Windy Ridge field is an amazing site for aerotowing and we were greatly looking forward to flying there again, and for the wonderful club hospitality offered. Really hope that another date can be found for this year...was also looking forward to visiting the Glenn Curtiss Museum again!

Most of us look forward to getting together at least monthly to enjoy flying and socializing, so we are happy to offer the HighPoint Aviation airfield as an alternate location so we don't miss an opportunity to be together and to do what we all enjoy.

Since our field is dedicated to this part of the hobby, it is basically always available, so opening the field for this get-to-gether on short notice is not a problem...not going to worry about pre-registration etc., just post a shout out here and show up if you can!

BTW, hangar number 2 is finished and ready to store airplanes!!!

We posted a list of hotels on our July Summer Soaring thread, so take a look at it for more information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighPoint Aerial.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	37273
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hangars #1 and #2

Name:	IMG_2950.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	37275

This is how the field looked yesterday evening.

Name:	IMG_2949.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	37276

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hotels rebooked. Arriving Highpoint Aviation some time Thursday morning, depart sometime Sunday.

Hope we find an alternate date for the Ridge.

Comment

I've changed my plans... Be at Highpoint Aviation Thursday afternoon

Comment

Arriving Wednesday.
                  See you on the hill. Thank you Jim

len
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Too bad about Windy Ridge...yes thanks Jim for stepping in! See you all Thursday morning...Matt

Comment

Will be there Thursday

Comment

Glad to hear Cumberland picking up our slack. I delivered 220' of chain link top rail to the field today for a second canopy. I wouldn't have gotten back out without 4WD. I've got reservations for a family vacation 8/1-5. Daughter's wedding 9/21 and we are hosting the RC Gypsies the weekend after Labor Day. I'm game any other time pending approval by the club. Thanks for your support.
                        Jim Smith
                        Windy Ridge

Comment

Excuse for no pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeN View Post
                            Excuse for no pictures?
                            Well......since it was cancelled.......there’s really nothing to take pictures of! 🤪
                            TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

Joe.. here you go. More on Facebook from Stéphane and on our photo page. Epic days of soaring at Windy Ridge south...

Windy Ridge canceled their aerotow and we scrambled to put one together in Cumberland MD a few hours later. Today was arrival day, Meeting Jim on the
                              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                              X