No announcement yet.

2019 New England Aero Tow - Salem, CT - May 16-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7000 consecutive all-day rains have subsided and the NEAT 2019 from May 16-19 is upon us!

Looking forward to four days of soaring with many of the people who help make this a great hobby! Thanks too the the RC Propbusters club for supporting us!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	36545
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	60772527_2260758447334211_6256234893055885312_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.2 KB ID:	36669

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped to make our tenth annual a success.

Other than two hour range of rain on Friday (followed by some great still evening air) we flew throughout. Len and I especially appreciate the selfless tow plane pilots, all the soaring faithful and the support of the Propbusters club members.

Jeff Duhaime will be along in a few days with his usual spectacular gallery of photos. I’ve posted s few of my own each day on our Facebook photo sharing page.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/6150...group_activity

Again, we appreciate you! Now, on to the next! Horizon at AMA HQ and then Windy Ridge.

Steve
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks much Steve, Len and the club for hosting, and all of the tow pilots. Just got back home after the frazzled ride. Was great to fly at Salem again, see everyone, do the hang, eat well, and find some amazing thermals. I was going to look for the brewery you mentioned Steve but never got around to it. Next time!

Can't make Horizon in mid June but hope to see you all in at Windy Ridge.

A few blurry pics...something was wrong with camera...

Matt

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3982.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	36652Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3977.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	36650

Name:	IMG_3993.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	36651
        Attached Files
        Last edited by hello82; 05-19-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Wednesday, June 15th...loaded and ready to leave for Salem.

Name:	IMG_2892.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	36655

Wednesday evening at the Prop Busters field, we got our first look at Gunny's new masterpiece...Cessna 185.

Name:	IMG_2900.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	36661

Checked in at the Sleep Inn in Niantic...have stayed in this same hotel on every visit. Room was very nice and floor was quiet thought out my stay.

Name:	IMG_2893.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	36657

Became a regular at The Shack Restaurant, arriving there at 6:300am every morning.

Name:	IMG_2898.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	36660

Only got a few pictures of the event in progress, but here are some familiar faces.

Name:	IMG_2897.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	36659

Name:	IMG_2899.JPG
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	36662

Name:	IMG_2896.JPG
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	36658

Got to fly my Swallow a lot and love how it performs!

Name:	IMG_2895.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	36656

kind of sad, but this was the last event for my Bidule 170 #1. After somewhere around 200 flight hours. We experienced a failure of the crankshaft and threw the prop off at about 150' in the air will towing. Sailplane released and the Bidule made a perfect emergency landing back on the field. Upon close insoecting, the extreme vibration set up by the engine failure severly damaged the airframe, many, many stress cracks throughout the fuselage.Although the obvious damage could be repaired, my concern is what might be damaged and not obvious...plus all of the hinges, servos, and othere componets are well used at this point. So I bid farewell to my wonderful Bidule170 as it goes off line into retirement!

Name:	IMG_2894.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	36654

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thanks again for a great 10 years here at this event. Love this place. Thank you Prop Busters.... Tow Pilots and friend.
            Gunny
            Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Thank you to everyone that made another great event. Tow pilots, pilots, RC Propbuster members and everyone else. Finally got to shake off the winter rust for both the planes, fingers and camera.

Speaking of camera, here is the link for the album

Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Thanks to Kathy S. for snagging a few shots too with my spare camera.

Enjoy,
              Jeff D

Comment

• gunny11
                gunny11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, agreed! His pictures are always amazing. Fantastic job Jeff, always looking forward for your shots.

• hello82
                hello82 commented
                Editing a comment
                yes thanks again Jeff...as always great shots and memories!

• lenb
                lenb commented
                Editing a comment
                wow Jeff,

Did you actually find any time to fly yourself? What a collection.

Thank you for all your time and dedication.

Very nice shots as usual Jeff. I see all the usual suspects were in attendance. Maybe I should work on my scheduling skills so I can make the event next year.

Comment

Working...
              X