No announcement yet.

NARCA Monthly aerotow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rolled in from the Cumberland Aerotow, and we do expect to be in Huntsville on Saturday!

Jeremy and Ben
    SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it up to Huntsville this weekend

Jeremy and Ben
      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Well, did you guy's fly on Saturday?

Jeremy and Ben
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
          Well, did you guy's fly on Saturday?
          Yes, we flew and the weather was fantastic. We had 4-5 spectator club members, 5 sailplane pilots, 1 towpilot and 1 towplane...... until the towpilot knocked the gear out of the DQ on one of the runway tire markers. I know, stupid mistake, but it happens to the best. It's been my year with "gear" issues. Luckily, we were into the afternoon and most everybody had 2-3 flights under their belt and were satisfied. The damage to the DQ was minimal but I'm going to take advantage of the repairs and refurbish the model. She needs some structural work, new servos and a facelift; after all, she's 14 years old. Moral of the story: 1) bring an extra towplane, 2) get more people who have towplanes to attend or, 3) get more sailplane pilots who attend regularly to invest in a towplane. I suspect option number one is the best bet as I myself am woefully guilty of number 2 and number 3 would mean we'd probably have plenty of towplanes with no sailplanes to tow...;-)

We had a new prospective club member and potential towpilot as well. Don Apostolico, former owner of Don's Hobby Shop, was out scouting for a club to join. If you don't know Don's Hobby Shop, you'll see it advertised in many of the magazines with a 2-page spread. Well, Don sold the shop 2 years back and has followed his children and grandchildren to Huntsville! He just moved in late September and hopes to have his models out of storage after the first of the year and be ready for Spring. He has 40% aerobatic planes and is well known in aerobatic circles. He was quite fascinated with what we were doing ad indicted he just might have to put a tow release on one of his planes. Of course I encouraged ......OK, plead with him.

That's all I got. No pics.

Comment

WHERE WAS THE BIDULE????????
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
              WHERE WAS THE BIDULE????????
              Sold, not my cup of tea.

Comment

WHAT? OMG>>> Thats a crime...

I flew Stephane's little 100cc version a couple weeks ago and it flew was great... Sorry to hear that didn't suite you, looking forward to seeing the rebuilt Drag Queen!!!
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Just kidding.

Comment

That's mean!
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I know, almost like spreading the rumor that Topmodel only made 4 of the 111's because they knew the 170 was coming out soon.....:-o

Comment

lol, now that's funny!!!
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                        X