No announcement yet.

Revised CANADA - USA flying requirements

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Revised CANADA - USA flying requirements

    The former agreement between the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) and AMA is no longer in effect because of recent changes in the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Canada’s counterpart to the FAA) Part IX and its exemption granted to MAAC and its members.

    As a result, in order to fly model aircraft in Canada as a U.S. resident, you must have a MAAC membership. There are two options to join MAAC. You can purchase a temporary 90-day foreign membership for $40 Canadian currency or a full membership for $80 Canadian. Please visit MAAC’s website for more information.

    In addition, AMA will require MAAC members to join AMA for coverage to fly at our fields and events. Affiliate membership for non-US permanent residents is $36 per year and includes insurance and competitive privileges. Click here to sign up as an AMA Affiliate member. Non-US citizens are required to follow the same model aircraft regulations that US citizens are required to follow, including registering at FAA’s Drone Zone and taking The Recreational UAS Safety Test at Affiliate members must follow AMA safety programming and certifications. AMA will continue to accept a MAAC member’s Turbine Operator Certificates as equivalent to the AMA Turbine waiver.

    All other non-permanent U.S. residents—including Canadians who are not MAAC members—must sign up as AMA Affiliate members to participate in model aviation activities.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.