Mission Aerotow - August 21-23, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Aerotow - August 21-23, 2015

I've lost track of how many, but I think it's the 17th! One of the best West coast events in a beatuiful location. If you live in the Pacific Northest and love sailplanes, this is a do-not-miss event!

Mission Aerotow 2015
    August 21 – 23
    Anderson Sod Farm, Dewdney, BC
    36422 Hyde Buker Rd, Dewdney, BC V0M 1H0

Directions: Take Hwy.7 eastbound from Mission B.C. for 8km to the intersection of Sylvester Rd (on the left/ North.) and McKamie Rd. (on the right/South). Turn right/south on McKamie and cross the train tracks. Follow the R/C Glider signs to the field. On arrival at the field please "DO NOT DRIVE ON ANY GRASS".

Event Details: Come and enjoy aerotowing beautiful large scale gliders in the luscious Fraser Valley. Acres of green grass to fly on with multiple capable tugs in attendance. Bring your sailplane with an aerotow release installed. Electric sailplanes can be flown but aerotowing activity takes precedence and will limit "electrics" flying time.
    Landing fee: $20.00 CDN for the 3-day weekend. Single day fee: $15.00 CDN.

Lunch: Additional optional charge of $5.00 per day for “gourmet BBQ hot dogs” – a Mission tradition served at the field at lunch break. Complimentary ice-cold bottled water will be available at the field each day.
    Pub food is available at the nearby Historic Dewdney Pub. Pre-packaged take-out food is available at the Husky Gas Station on the north side of Hwy 7 where you turn south on McKamie Rd. toward the flying field.

Pilots meeting: at 9:30 a.m. each day. MAAC or AMA card required.

Saturday dinner: Join us Saturday evening at 8:00 p.m. at the Mission Springs Brewing Co. 7160 Oliver St, Mission, BC for a (no-host) dinner to meet new friends, catch up with old friends and watch video of take off, landing and tug pilot stunt flying.

Accommodation: Best Western Mission, BC. 1 - (888) 552-5542. There are still lots of rooms available at this hotel and others in the Mission – Abbotsford area.
    Overnight camping and RV parking are available on site starting on Thursday after 5:00 p.m. This is a safety measure because many sod trucks will be coming and going until that time. No hookups are available.
    The Anderson Sod Farm has many very large natural turf fields. A map to the location of the selected flying field and adjacent camping / parking areas will be announced in a reminder notice closer to the event date. Signs will guide you to the selected field during the three-day event.
    ​
    Event Coordinator: Doug Aldridge (604) 272-1898 or douga.ubc@gmail.com
    This is a sanctioned event of the Anderson Sod Busters Model Glider Club.

I'll be there Saturday with me Blanik

Comment

Working...
    X