Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timbren axle less system or Flexiride torshion axle question for sailplane trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timbren axle less system or Flexiride torshion axle question for sailplane trailers

Does anyone here have experience with the Timbren axle less system or the Flexiride torshion axle? I've read that either will give your trailer a much smoother ride. Is it worth it to take the leaf springs off and go with the Timbren system or the Flexiride torshion axle system?

Torsion arm suspensions (steel torsion bar surrounded by rubber cords) are mounted directly to the frame and are much smoother than leaf springs. They also help lessen flex of the trailer given the mounting style. Your models will see less bounce and vibration. Many of us chose trailers with the Dexter Torflex system for this reason.

Over time the rubber can deteriorate, but most of us are not carrying heavy loads that put max stress on the axles. We also don’t tow in super cold weather which makes the rubber stiff.

I tow a trailer with Torflex and the best move I made was to go with radial tires that are high speed balanced. I did this when the stock bias ply tires had worn out.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve P.
      Thanks for your input. I'm taking my trailer in Monday to have the Flexiride torsion axle installed.

Comment

I also went with 15 radial tires 205 75R 15C

Comment

Working...
        X