UMX ASK-21 and UMX Radian in one box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMX ASK-21 and UMX Radian in one box

For those interested that have both UMX ASK-21 and UMX Radian, here is how I packed two UMX sailplanes in one box. The wife reminded me I can only take one sailplane for our trip to the Cape —White Crest Beach here I come, muhaaa I'm going to stuff two in one box!

The UMX ASK-21 box is the longer of the two and looked like enough room for the baby Radian to sneak in with very little alterations and modifications. The UMX ASK-21 sits in the original position, nothing changed. The box has enough room for the UMX Radian wing, and the fuselage fits upside down.

- First the UMX Radian wing. Carve a thin section in the middle, right next to where the UMX ASK-21 fuselage sits. Use a sharp knife, no serrations so you don't make a foamy ball static mess. This goes down to almost the bottom (down to the slightly raised horizontal thin area right next to the ASK-21 fuselage) and the wing sits in TE down. (note: I have a small piece of black foam sandwiching the Radian wing to hold it in tight).

- Second, lay the UMX Radian fuselage upside down on the left side at an angle and trace some lines where to make the second cuts.

It is really amazing that the UMX Radian can fit in here. (I had to stitch the two images together so you can see in detail)
    Cheers, Thompson

Original https://flic.kr/p/wpnD23
    Additional original images

Great idea! I travel with both those planes; I'll have to copy this...

Comment

Here are some more photos, realized I didn't take any details. Oh, and of course, I can't leave anything alone without some proper scale decals. A little strip of red and viola, the UMX Radian is somewhat more German looking.

SCC Approved

Comment

Ditto!
        And if you did not know 1st August is our Swiss National Day, so you all can have the day off today!

Jeremy and Ben
        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
        X