Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing racks

Guys
    Interested to know how you rack your wings in your trailers I have a Hangar 9 Pawnee and 4 gliders from 4.8 to 6.0 mtrs 2 piece wings per glider.
    regards
    Paul Chisholm
    New Zealand

Hey Paul, I also have a Pawnee and a couple gliders. I will take some photos when I load it this weekend
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• chishp
      chishp commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks look forward to it
      Paul

Hi Paul.

I've seen a bunch of different approaches to carrying wings in trailers. Some guys build a box and transport them that way, others use racks on the wall and bungee them into the rack.
    I use a slide rack which acts like a file cabinet. Wings are stored on the LE.
    I will also try to get some pictures and post them.

LEN
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• chishp
      chishp commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks Len interested in your solutions. pss take a look @ Facebook " RC Aerotow NZ " to get an impression of whats going on way down here
      regards
      Paul

The thread on small trailers, page 3, has my method of madness. I think I have the link attached to this post, but maybe not. My methods are pretty Rube Goldberg-ish, but they have worked well so far. The wing storage is basically, a separate compartment with the wings stored on their leading edges. Many people are concerned with the things moving aft in a trailer, but all I've ever found is they like to move forward. The braking forces are more prevalent than the acceleration! Hope it helps or spawns some ideas. Let us know what you come up with, it is always great to see others solutions.

I've been debating on how to haul my airplanes without relying on my Dad's Suburban for a while now. I think I've settled on getting a trailer that I can haul

Comment

Working...
    X