Pegasus Tow Plane for sale w/3W 120 for power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegasus Tow Plane for sale w/3W 120 for power

Time to reduce the herd. After building and flying my Bidule 170, this old workhorse tow plane has been sitting in my basement, looking for someone to take her in and fly her. This is your chance to own an iconic, legendary and well proven tow plane known as the Pegasus.

The Pegasus was built off the John Derstine plans back in the day when if you wanted a good tow plane, you had to scratch build one. This has flaps on it that are very affective and flies very smoothly.

This is a lightly built but sturdy tug. The servos are Hitec HS-5645MG throughout. The engine is a 3W 120 "red head" edition. I've also heard it called the "Circus Circus" engine. It has great compression and is very powerful. There isn't a sailplane that I would not attempt to pull up.

It comes with an Emcotec Dual Power System Interface Battery Information Center (DPSI BIC). This shows you the voltage of both packs as V1 and V2.

This is currently running on 5 cell Nicads but could be converted to Lipo's. I am running a NO BS Life battery with regulator on the ignition. Wheels are Dubro inflatable balloon tires and the canisters are K&S.

I will be at the Mickey Sullivan aerotow near Wichita in September and can deliver it there. I will also include my nifty homemade wing bags that I sewed for it years ago.

Many might recognize this old gal as I am NOT the builder of it and I have seen it appear on some of the earlier RC aerotowing videos by Paul Naton. This tug is still in very good condition. I have never crashed it and I don't see any evidence that anyone else ever has.

I will not ship and if you aren't coming to Mickey Sullivan, I will discuss with a potential buyer a possible delivery or meet.

Tim

ASKING $1750 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	45667

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	45669

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	45670
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	45671
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.0 KB ID:	45672
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	45673
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	45675
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2529.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	45676
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2528.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	45677

Attached Files

I have been on the rear end of this tug many times and it is a very powerful machine capable of towing most anything...If I didn't already have three tow planes I might buy it @@!!!
    kevin

Comment

Working...
    X