And an Ahi

Comment

Fair enough, at hospital now taking care of Covid patients... 👍

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MoreCovering(3).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	43662 I added some black stripes to the bottom of the wing. Ailerons are now hinged and pushrods completed. With a little bit of nose weight, the model finished up at 27 ounces

I do need to add a little weight to one wing tip. The wood for the ailerons was very different density. I used the aileron push rod wire but I didn't like the clevis that came with the kit. I soldered on a threaded brass piece to use with Sullivan clevis.

The only thing remaining to do is paint the canopy.
      mlachow
      Last edited by mlachow; 02-02-2021, 02:25 PM. Reason: Upload working again.

Comment

I finally put in a few flights on the Swift. It flies nicely but the 15 to 20plus at Cumberland was on the high range the stock model can handle a zip start lainch. A few flutter problems zip starting out into the lift band. I plan on changing the stock horns with something sturdier. The slip on retainer on the horn on one wing came loose. I might move the hook back to get more climb and less speed with a zip start for Cumberland.

I built it light weight. Maybe some monokote will help There is some info on building it heavier by adding strapping tape as well as monokote.
        mlachow
        Last edited by mlachow; 03-19-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Steve P
          Steve P
          Consigliere
          Steve P commented
          Editing a comment
          So the hill was too windy for the Windy Hill??

• mlachow
          mlachow
          mlachow commented
          Editing a comment
          Zip start was too much for windy hill. Pretty much most of the foamies there were fluttering with that zip start. Would have been OK on a hill you are just chucking it from. They do have suggestions for adding more tape and weight for windy conditions.

I put some oratex on one wing panel, 45 degree bias. It adds about an ounce to the wing panel and looks a lot nicer than EPP. Way stiffer.

Comment

Working...
        X