• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baudis ASW22 BL

Some pictures of the ASW22 in action.
    More information in the thread on RC Groups/Scale Sailplanes/

RC Groups/Scale Sailplanes/New Toy From Jiri Baudis

Comment

Wow Mac! This looks awesome! I spoke with Dennis and he said it performs as good as it looks. I wish I could have made the fall aerotow but I was packing my trailer with my planes to head out to Atlanta for the next 6 months to film Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Good luck with the new ship and I hope to see you guys when i'm back in June.

All the best, Tom Harper

Comment

I took on the challenge to add a Schambeck AFT19evo to the Baudis 22 and it has been quite an adventure, very very tight fit, so tight that the two back screws could be forgotten and it wouldn't budge. But the satisfaction of today maiden flight was immense! very rewarding, perfect timing on the ESC with 80% power to avoid nosing over listen carefully the ramp up of the rpm, can't wait to fly her again!

Stéphane
        Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Autstanding job of shoe horning that thing in there!
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Nice work, perfect take-off. Was the ESC timing and ramp-up pre-set from Schambeck, or you adjusted it by your radio?

Bruce DeVisser

Comment

Good Job Stephane...glad it worked out for you...
              Minneapolis Kevin K.

Comment

Another way to power a scale model is with the Torcman FES-Ex system which has a quickly and easily removable prop. If you are careful with the installation the hole in the nose is about the same size that a tow release would require. This gives you a glider that can be self launched when there is no tow plane yet looks the same as any other glider when a tow plane is available. Installation is quite straight forward. The setup is available from Bruce DeVisser at Rosenthal USA. It does require a taller landing gear but that is available from WEMO and can be obtained from Bruce as well.

Btw, great work, Stephane. This glider is too good to have to sit around waiting for a day when a tow plane is available.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2971.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	40974 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2970.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	40975 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	40976 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2974.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	40980
                Last edited by RickS; 05-07-2020, 07:58 AM.
                Rick Shelby
                Team Horizon

Comment

And the motor serves as a foot warmer for those cold high altitude flights.

Comment

Working...
                  X