Diana 2 - "The Triplets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana 2 - "The Triplets"

Just about a year ago, myself, Steve K and Len B had been discussing how much we liked the Diana 2s. Very quickly this led to us deciding to do a group order with Etienne at Icare. I've started referring to them since as "the triplets". Steve and I drove up to Montreal yesterday, stayed the night and met with Etienne this morning. Got everything loaded up and brought them home today. Hopefully the other guys will post photos of theirs too!

We ordered them as complete as you can get them, FES, retract, LDS, servos, wiring all installed. It looks like the only things we'll have to do is install the receiver, put some connectors on the ESC and put in some batteries. Here's some unpacking photos, right about of the bags.

Last edited by Sinkhappens86; 04-14-2022, 10:55 PM.
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

And some more shots, really looking forward to seeing this one (and her two sisters) in the air!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Beautiful, like to see them in person.

Comment

Here are my Diana wings Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing1.jpg
Views:	1523
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	47433 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing2.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	47434
        Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Is this a plane you would gps race with?

Comment

awesome!, ...that will be 7 Diana's now at Cumberland come summer! Yes good for GPS but a bit small at 500 meters. Love mine.

Matt

Comment

• Steve P
              Steve P commented
              Editing a comment
              You get a Diana! You get a Diana! You get a Diana! Everyone gets a Diana!

Some assembly required. Working on it in the other room to avoid dust from the 185 build.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Steve P
              Steve P commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you rushing for Salem or just excited to have a beautiful new toy?

• Sinkhappens86
              Sinkhappens86 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't say rushing, we're still waiting on motor batteries and wiring to be delivered. I'll see how close I am on the CG tomorrow. Will definitely bring it and potentially will fly it if it all comes together.

Do you guys have some type of scale glider club?

Comment

• hello82
              hello82 commented
              Editing a comment
              sorta of....kinda of more like a monthly traveling circus of jesters....come join the fun and laughs

Successful maiden this morning at the New England Aerotow! Flies great!
            Attached Files
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Still like to see one of these

Comment

Flight report from Salem, plus video!

This thing is awesome! First couple flights were aerotowed and it only needed a touch of elevator trim. Rates from Baudis were dead on, I needed a little extra expo on the ailerons because I was over controlling on tow. It's very light, I'm guessing between 20-25 lbs and it flies like it. I had a couple ~30 minute flights where I just hung around in light lift.

The skinny wing and boom are a little hard to see at high altitude, I completely lost sight of it once and needed help to find it again. This thing really shines when you decide to tear up the sky. It's fast. It rolls very quickly and axially. I got very confident with it, very quickly.

Landing started as a bit of a challenge due to the lack of spoilers, I actually used the motor and went around on my first approach. Unlike my 6 meter gliders, you don't get the flaps out early. You land it more like a TD ship, bring it in clean, and when you have the field made, add the flaps and crow. Once I got that figured out, the landings were uneventful.

Speaking of the motor, I tested an ROG launch on Friday morning. Uneventful and it climbed to about 1200 feet in about minute.

Super happy with this glider, can't wait to fly it more.

Here's the full setup:

Motor: Torcman NT 430-30-Z
                ESC: Phoenix Edge Lite 100 Amp
                Prop: RFM 16x10 Carbon Folding
                Servos: MKS HV6130/HV6110 Hitec D950TW
                Receiver Battery: 2x Pulse 2s 5000mah
                Motor Battery: 2x Onyx 4s 400mah
                Receiver: Spektrum 12 Channel Powersafe

And the video!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment