Valenta 6 meter ASH-31 has arrived at SoaringUSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valenta 6 meter ASH-31 has arrived at SoaringUSA

I hope to go see the new 31 Monday, it’s nearly identical in size to the Hangar 9 31 that as many know had a lot of problems, the Valenta is Euro built so should have no airframe failure issues, and I would think the Hangar 9 power system would be an easy install in the Valenta since they are so close in size. SUSA has had to add nearly $500 to the price just to cover the new shipping costs everyone is getting hit with. Inflation is here big time.

Cool. Should be good for our hobby overall. Valenta builds sturdy airframes.

BTW, shipping increases aren’t “inflation,” they are straight out profiteering by the global organizations enjoying hungry consumer appetites.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I bought the std layup version from SUSA and hope to have it in a week or two. Will update. I expect it to be built like a 1966 Buick Electra 225.

Comment

Here are some photos, the mold work is really exceptional, the wing joiner is a monster. The mold work is light years beyond the ill fated ASH-31 from China. Main panels have white bottoms, tips have red/orange bottoms. Comes with retract servo installed. Canopy is pinned in front, sliding release under the wing, no hinged canopy. Wings look to have LDS? fitting installed in the flaps and ailerons, the model does have pre installed spoilers. One of the staff is on vacation this week so shipping may be slowed a bit.

Whatever it’s called, prices have gone up everywhere. So my motto is BUY NOW or buy that good used model. I know where some excellent large used models are right now for near the price of this 31 after it’s fitted out. I heard there are 44 container ships outside the LA/LB harbor right now waiting for dock space. I can see about 20 from shore.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DennisB; 09-13-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X