No announcement yet.

Ducted fan unit for a Baudis Antares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice ! I appreciate your help !
    Steve Gibson

Comment

Both ChocoFly and Tomahawk put Jetec units in their builds. We have had no problems with them in two-plus years.

Bruce

Comment

The Jetec units are fully ready to bolt into the model. Servo/servos installed and programmed for proper throws, motor is mounted, fan is balanced and they are test run before shipping. I can't say enough about mine. The Schub may be even more quiet than the Jetec, but I can barely hear mine once it's more than a 100 yds away. It certainly doesn't scream like the early edf's now that blade design is more well understood.

As far as which motor to choose, Jetec is pretty confident in their selections, but I noticed that they removed the 30 sec motor run max warnings. I would definitely ask them what kind of full throttle run times can be expected. Worst case, buy the lowest kv motor option and expect to run lower cell count. You will have PLENTY of headroom in the power department if you choose the 110mm fan unit.

Comment

FWIW I can easily fit two 6s 5000 packs in the front end of my Antares. I even have my battery tray towards the front half of the canopy opening and the plane balances without any additional weights. I could run at least 50% more capacity by moving the tray back and some radio equipment forward and still not have to use balancing weight. Room is not an issue if you don't care about the scale cockpit appearance. Just tint the canopy.

Comment

Will a Jetec 110E fan unit fit in a Baudis Antares with the factory installed Baudis retract unit without modifying or replacing the Baudis retract.

Comment

My Jetec 110E ducted fan, 780 motor, ESC, BEC unit all arrived today. Looks like the Jetec 110E will be a tight fit I will probably be taking measurements for the next week or two before making the first cut in the fuselage. It's going to be nerve wracking !!

Comment

Working...
              X