Domestic source for micro gas struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic source for micro gas struts

Does anyone have a US source for micro gas struts? .595" dia, .755 stroke, .235" rod dia. (15mm dia, 19mm stroke, 5.9mm rod dia.)

It's a real challenge and a lot of searching

You may need to be a bit flexible on the details so long as it is can be the right total length eyelet to eyelet (it can be installed compressed a bit so a longer stroke is a possibility) together with the correct Newtons of force. I replaced my Muller Salto strut by looking at furniture parts suppliers -- in the end I went with two side by side to replace the original one.

McMaster-Carr may be one source if you can make the smallest fit https://www.mcmaster.com/compression...elet-fittings/

Here's another possibility if a 4-12-30 could work: https://www.gasspringsshop.com/configurator/
    Last edited by Steve P; 06-29-2021, 02:16 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks Steve. It is a Paritech canopy strut for ASG29. Spare parts and salvage also sought...

Comment

Steve,
        Ken K gave this to me a long time ago.
        Click on the note at the bottom
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

I carry replacement gas struts for landing gear and canopy use, and WEMO suspension struts for Wilga-type landing gear (trailing link). Send me the specs on what you need: Newton value, hole-to-hole distance. Hole size typically needs to be drilled out to size by the user.

Bruce DeVisser
          Rosenthal Models USA
          rosenthalmodelsusa@gmail.com
          408-921-1900

Comment

Thanks Bruce - I have decided to put a motor in the nose this coming winter and the existing canopy hinge is in the way. Great to see you and Brian at Cumby!

Bill LIscomb

Comment

Working...
            X