Best Fox 4-5m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fox 4-5m?

I’m helping do research for a friend who is interested in a 4-5m Fox for aerobatic slope soaring.

What’s the “best” (in terms of speed, energy retention, and aerobatic performance) Fox in 4-5m these days? Pure glider.

Valenta seems to be the one to beat with their 4.4m version but it’s over ten years old. Paritech has a half-scale that’s too big. Delro has a beautiful looking 5.4m model (and a smaller sibling) but it’s a sheeted foam wing… and molded is highly preferred.

Any other suggestions? Any carbon molded versions with the latest airfoils that we’ve missed? Are there better options with a Swift, a potential alternate?

Cheers,
    Rick

Adding $0.02 ...

I flew my Valenta Fox quite frequently at all sorts of sites, but was never impressed with it when the big slope lift was up at Cumberland. Didn’t groove or retain energy. It does fly better with more and more weight. If the need is speed and aerobatics, meh.

I have a Delro Foka 4 with foam, carbon, obeici sheeted wings that are certainly strong while heavy. Nice plane. My wings are painted and therefore the surfaces are not as hard and durable as a composite molded ship. With Delro it would likely be possible to have them add even more carbon to the layup — their build quality is okay, timelines somewhat long if volume is high. These are more kit level than most molded offerings.

I too have been thinking of a molded Swift in the 4.5-5M zone for an edf setup, but no finds yet.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Not a Swift or a Fox, but i drool over this an awful lot.

General Information Fuselage & Canopy Wings Tail Propulsion     General Information When Christian Etter and Felix Ruof of CEFLIX ...
      Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Steve P
        Steve P commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point. Kobuz is a nice option.

Thanks for the feedback!! And holy crxx on that Kobuz!! NOW I WANT ONE!!!!

scale 1:3,2wingspan 4,37 mlength 2,40 mEDF ceflix1000kit 82lipos 12S 7000mAhtake-off weight 17,5 kg with EDFtake-off weight 14,0 kg gliderfurther information...

Rick

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
        Sinkhappens86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's about my reaction everytime I see it!

after seeing the kabutz fly with a turbine it is a sight to watch for sure. but remember it is 50 pounds plus and does not catch a thermal after the power goes off.. remember go big or go home Click image for larger version

Name:	giant kobutz.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	44584

Comment

There is a new Fox raiding the henhouse... The former Rosenthal 4.66m Fox has been updated by Tomahawk Aviation and will be released to production shortly. It will be available in white, any of the 3 color schemes attached, or full custom paint scheme. Comes with cockpit, canopies mounted and hinged, and a fully built version is available. EDF is not suitable due to the rear canopy length, so a Torcman FES is best for self-launch. I expect pricing to start around $2800.00. Contact me for more info. Bruce DeVisser; rosenthalmodelsusa@gmail.com.
        Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]n45448[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n45449[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n45450[/ATTACH] Click image for larger version

Name:	TA Fox 4.66m 4.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	45451 Click image for larger version

Name:	TA Fox 4.66m 1.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	45452 Click image for larger version

Name:	TA Fox 4.66m 2.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	45453 Click image for larger version