Baudis Diana 2 elevator control throws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baudis Diana 2 elevator control throws

I checked the Baudis website and don't see recommended throws for the elevator. Can some give the recommended up and down travel for the elevator?
    Thanks,

Based on the servo positioning and existing horn structure, as much as you can get.

Comment

Thanks for your advice !

Comment

I would add that I have found for the way I fly that using dual rates when I fly is slow is making it way more pleasant to fly, otherwise there is a tendency to constantly over correct the model.

Really like that Diana, that is my goto sailplane for my local field

Stephane
        Stéphane
        Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
          Thanks for your advice !
          Anytime :^)

Here's a video showing pitch control at that maximum rate:

Early Autumn sloping at one of my favorite spots just 20min west of my front door. Fresh snow on the Rockies, a sign of things to come. That being - beautifu...

Comment

Man I really miss that Cochrane slope! Thanks for the memories again Parallax. I have Diana arriving in about a month, really looking forward to it!.

So was that loop full up?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
              Man I really miss that Cochrane slope! Thanks for the memories again Parallax. I have Diana arriving in about a month, really looking forward to it!.

So was that loop full up?

Matt
              Nowhere near full up stick position - maybe(?) < 1/4 stick movement. Maximum stick movement is likely never engaged except during really windy landings due to GND turbulence (or trying to snap roll :^)

Do I remember correctly you / me chatting about the west end of Cochrane? Flew something a little cleaner in >110KmH at Muller's the other day :^)
              Last edited by Parallax; 04-17-2021, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Ok Thanks Parallax....didn't think so, just wondering because of the conversation of max throws etc. Looking forward to this new Diana bird, rigging up the throws and trying on the Cumberland slope this season!! Hope you enjoy yours Hoot.

Sounds like some pretty serious winds the other day at Muellers then at those speeds lol!

Yeah, I believe we spoke maybe at RC groups about other hills in Cochrane Area. The Big Hill springs road hilly area was a great place too. Also, here are some photos of my Aquila 1979 that I flew on top of that Cochrane slope all the time.

I also flew 5 min walk from my front door. There is a big bowl shaped hill. marked here, that you can see from top of Cochrane slope. Which I marked for you.

It is a round bowl so pretty much no matter what wind direction, you can walk around it to find lift. Of course not as killer as Cochrane Hill on a good day. To get there you go across bow river on. 22, take a first right on George Fox Road (I used to play drums for George Fox before it was ever called George Fox RD LOL) take a sharp uturn left up the hill 1/4 mile down the the road (before Jumping pound creek) then a right about 3/4 mile up. Of course these are directions I remember from 1979-82 lol

Don't know if you have ever discover that bowl area, or can still get to it?

Happy flying all

Attached Files

Comment

• Parallax
                  Parallax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll reach out by PM hello82; might be fun to share some history over the last 45yrs :^)
              Working...
              X