H Model 1/3 scale Quintus feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H Model 1/3 scale Quintus feedback

I’m considering ordering another scale sailplane. Can anyone give me some feedback on the H Model Quintus ? Does it have wipers installed on control surfaces? Fit and finish of the plane ? I’m also considering a Baudis Antares. How do these two planes compare for general sport flying? I don’t intend to race them.
    thanks in advance !

Len would be the best pilot to discuss comparison since he has had both........well actually he has had everything!....

I have the Antares , and for me it has been the best all around ship so far for me, love it...has tremendous flight ratio, thermals very well, flies super slow if you want, can go quite fast for fun, has various additional weight bars that come with it too, very nice and sleek overall. I just picked up another, and considered the Quintus but went for the Antares for the overall flight envelope.

The Quintus is extremely good thermal ship, but cannot do as much speed from my understanding. Also a highly well designed plane overall.

Good luck

Matt

Comment

I have a NIB 2019 EMS Quintus GT-R 6.1m that I don't have time to build, and I need the space in my shop. I had it on display at Muncie last year. If you are interested drop me a mail at brucedevisser75@gmail.com.

Comment

I’m not familiar with the EMS Quintus. How does the fit and finish compare to Baudis models fit and finish ? Where are you located ? I’m in Houston TX.
        Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
          I’m not familiar with the EMS Quintus. How does the fit and finish compare to Baudis models fit and finish ? Where are you located ? I’m in Houston TX.
          Thanks !
          Email sent.

Comment

For those who may have interest, here is the EMS Quintus 6.1m info - I have this one in stock and can ship anywhere in USA.

I think the fit and finish are of the same level as Baudis and the other top manufacturers. Price is in the same range as those too, but this one is here and has a lot of extras included.

The EMS Quintus, scale 1:3.75, is an expansion of the EMS model series of high-performance sport scale sailplanes. They have great looks and are close to scale in outline, similar to GPS Scale Class models.

Fiberglass and Carbon fuselage, hollow-molded glass/carbon wings and tail. Wings are 2 pieces per side plus winglets; monoblock retention system; 4 servos per wing half; wings are pre-wired; TEK probe mount and tubing installed.

The wings were developed with new profiles that were designed with Aerotech (M23108G), to achieve a higher dynamic flight envelope, with better climbing (for self-launching versions), better thermal performance, and faster glide. Performance is on a par with the very successful EMS Arcus, with fast sprints between thermals.

Finish quality is very high – see photos in next email.

Finished cockpit, instrument panel, removable seat pan, canopy lock/release, sliding vent window

Scale sprung retract with brake installed, full dust cover; nose tow release installed.

GT-R Version: full CFRP + CFRP D-Box wing with cross-linked CFRP; very strong for high performance

Lighting: configurable Ultra-bright light system completely installed and mounted; 4 LED panels in the wing servo covers, 3 LEDs in fin, control board in cockpit. Flash the LEDs from your transmitter to ID your plane in crowded skies or if you lose sight.

Padded wing bag holds wings, tips, winglets, and Elevator/wing rod bag. Separate fuselage bag – only 2 bags for everything

Model photos: http://www.ems-modell.com/index.php/...-quintus-6-10m

Flight video: https://youtu.be/kxMS0WZ6UUo
            (this video is up-and-go version but performance is same)

Bruce DeVisser
            Rosenthal Models USA
            408-921-1900

Comment

Working...
            X