Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paritech Cirrus-V 4.5 meter and Valentamodel 4m Libelle - any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paritech Cirrus-V 4.5 meter and Valentamodel 4m Libelle - any tips?

Just picked up both kits and can't find much info on the various RC forums about either of these. Anyone have experience with either model and any comments, tips, etc you can share? Will be flying slope at Torrey Pines and aerotow with both.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry. I have been flying the Cirrus V tail for many years now. It has been a really great ship for me to get back into sailplane flying and slope. I purchased it in finished form so no tips on assembly.

I find it to be a very versatile plane for thermaling and slope ...we do lots of slermaling at Cumberland out east! It tracks well and carves into turns nicely on the slope doing S turns tight . Lands well with spoilers, but not really needed on windy days.

It has been repaired a few times after some major senior moments, and keeps on ticking! I might buy another some day too. It is a great size of being not too large or too small for the type of flying I do.

Hope to drop buy Torrey Pines some day...I was almost there a few weeks ago but never made it past Laguna Beach.

best,
    Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt. I received one reply suggesting a bit of reflex on the ailerons with spoiler deployment - was that your experience as well?

By all means, make the effort sometime to visit Torrey. It is certainly spectacular and should be on any RC'ers bucket list. Oh, and Cumberland is on my own list as well - always wanted to go when I lived in Mass years ago.

Cheers,

Barry

Comment

I have not tried reflex on ailerons, but just a bit of up elevator mixed in. Post a video of Torrey of when if you can....love to see her on those slopes!

Comment

Working...
        X