No announcement yet.

Kevin K's Skylark Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest photo. Both main panels and tips are built at this point.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Looking good!
      [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

Back at it and starting on the fuse. Spent a lot of time reading the manual, build thread and combing over pictures for every detail I could have missed. There were a few! But progress is being made now!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Awsome Kevin, I like the use of the Books Too! And they are Aviation Books!!!
          Gunny
          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

you are on the home stretch now...I am at about the same point as you are..
            keep us posted.
            kevin kavaney

Comment

Finally starting to look like a sailplane.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thats super Kev. Really impressed with your progress. Great job.

Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Slow but steady progress the last few days, getting all the radio and wiring squared away before I start putting the sheeting around the cockpit.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Some more work on the nose, getting the sheeting applied and sanding. A lot of sanding! Got the wing joined and set it on the fuselage. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Keep it up Kevin, before you know it you'll have a plane.
                      According to the news, you should have plenty of time to finish it.

I can't wait until the start of the aerotow season this August or September. ( I know, I'm optimistic )
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

The Builder Blues

There are at least 4 people who have started to build a Skylark (and mentioned it in a build thread here)...there are at least 4 others who have completed and flown their Skylark. Looking at the build threads, the gaps of time are obvious.

To those in the build process, I offer this as encouragement:

Having built many models over the years, one thing that has been true over and over is the "builder blues" that set in along the way. Some little thing about the build becomes this enormous stumbling block and the build grinds to a halt...it becomes harder and harder to resume builidng with each passing day. Days can become weeks and weeks can become years. It becomes ever harder to pick up and start in again.

Another truism is that if (or when) you get started again, that seemingly enormous issue gets smaller and smaller as seen in the rearview mirror!!!

Those that seem to stay on task while building will tell you that the most important thing is to "do something every day"...no matter how small, do something every day!!!

Do Something Every Day to Keep the Builder Blues Away

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Bravo Jim, well said... Especially the last paragraph, which is so true. Been there and done that.
                          Last edited by gunny11; 04-26-2020, 03:33 PM.
                          Gunny
                          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

so in this time of house hiding is there anyone out there who would build a skylark for me in the bones... i am still working since horse cant trim themselves i still have my circle of farms i visit while the foals this year are born adding to the list.. i would love to have a skylark either to finish up or if someone wants to sell one built im in also..

Comment

Progress on the Skylark has slowed a bit, lots of little stuff to work on. It was really cool seeing the wing all assembled!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Got the bottom sheeting on and worked on the spine behind the cockpit. Now for a lot of shaping and sanding to get everything looking nice and fitting well. Have I mentioned that I hate sanding?

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Working...
                                X