Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali Machinchy
    replied
    Thanks to those that have pre ordered. It’s very much appreciated by all of us at Hangar 9. Especially our super supportive dealers. Jeremey @ the model box has actually been aware of this project for some months now and was very helpful with feed back prior to launch. He has also been our most successful dealer. His pre orders alone accounted for a large number of the first batch.
    The ASH 31 has been an amazing project to work on. It’s been a real team effort. Some of that team many of you
    will know really well? Others. Not so much. But all of us have had to work really hard to get this very high risk project through a lot of corperate obsticals at a very lean time for
    the industry.
    We really hope that this is the start of more in this series and maybe even other types of gliders?
    Thanks for your support chaps !
    Regards Ali

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    +1 And... with the nice seat pan I won't have to make glass ones for folks! Lol! BryanB and DanR- I will have your ASW20 seat pans at Horizon. I will start lay ups today!

• BryanB
    commented on 's reply
    Len, I hope you're right and this is the new trend. I think the desire in the USA has always been there but the prices/shipping for the decent size fiberglass Euro models has been the road block. I think the relative success of the E-Flite Blanik and H9 ASW20 opened a lot of peoples eyes as well. This new offering at it's size and apparent quality can be had for right around $3,500. Pretty awesome!

• lenb
    replied
    Less than 10 planes left for pre-order as of last night, That means the pre-order success of this model has been outstanding. It'll be sold out by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who had ordered one and to those thinking about it, you should move now before you can't. This is a big eye opener for the brass at Horizon that our sailplane community is growing and truley worth investing in.

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, no, no, no... thank YOU!

• Swiss1
    replied
    I must add this note so there is no confusion!
    As a retailer for Horizon Hobby products, when I order this model it goes directly to backorder, and when they become available they are shipped directly to The Model Box!
    When an item is in stock at HH we are able to place an order called Direct Ship, then the item is shipped directly to you the customer, and they prepay the shipping for us just as they do for you if ordering directly from them. But we are unable to place an item on backorder for individuals as Direct Ship! So the result is that all the people who pre-order from us will have there model deliverd to the next event I attend so no shipping charges are incurred! I hope this makes it all a little clearer

Jeremy
    SCCAAA TT TN

Leave a comment:

• Swiss1
    commented on 's reply
    And we thank you Michael!

• BryanB
    commented on 's reply
    I'm thinking this is probably a correction for the first run. Ali just posted over on RCG that the first run is 2/3rds full. Also read that if you pre-order you don't get charged until it ships.

• stevekremer
    replied
    Anybody else notice that it says Next Shipment Fall 2018 now on Horizon website. First order must be spoken for already.

Steve K

Leave a comment:

• Mosquito
    commented on 's reply
    Amen brother

• French1
    commented on 's reply
    That will be an easy fit , it is a 4 pieces wings...

• lenb
    replied
    Originally posted by Newman12 View Post
    I really want one, but frankly ive been burned a couple times being an early adopter. This would be a huge step up for me in my gliders and frankly it’s a bit worrisome to me that it could happen especially with a first production run.

Should I wait it out and see what it’s like once it hits the streets or do you guys honestly feel it’s not going to get any better and I should just get it? Am I risking not getting one ever, by waiting?
    With composite models its important to get it right the first time. That's one of the reasons this was in development for over 2 years. Once the molds are made and the commimtent to production is solidified, there will be not changes unless a major issue is found, which in this case is not a concern.
    Ali is a pure modeler by heart and perfectionist my trade. I'm sure the first batch will soon be sold out and those on the sidelines will be holding their hat in their hands wishing they were playing ball instead of sitting in the stands.

I love trying to find lift down low, where I can see what it does to the plane, so the motor option is fantastic since the lightweight of the sailplane will offer instant response to adding power. Searching for lift down low with a $6000 not powered sailplane is a bit scary.

The last thing I need is another sailplane, but I can't wait for this to arrive at my doorstep, motor and all.

LEN

Leave a comment:

• gunny11
    replied
    Darn it, I'll need a bigger van now!

Leave a comment:

• French1
    replied
    Originally posted by Newman12 View Post
    I really want one, but frankly ive been burned a couple times being an early adopter. This would be a huge step up for me in my gliders and frankly it’s a bit worrisome to me that it could happen especially with a first production run.

Should I wait it out and see what it’s like once it hits the streets or do you guys honestly feel it’s not going to get any better and I should just get it? Am I risking not getting one ever, by waiting?

Newman,

my suggestion is jump in, there has been several prototypes, and knowing Ali all will be good

depending how many model they move, it might take time to be on the second run and i doubt that the second run will be different than the first one.

plus on the first run the mold are sharper ....

should be easier to get it and sell it than wait for it... just saying

Leave a comment:

• French1
    commented on 's reply
    Brian

It depends what you mean, there is a video of Ali doing a 1000ft speed run inverted, loops and roll. That is not a Fox but it will do every regular aerobatics
Working...
X