Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assisted Take-off Devices

Morning,

Hoping to have the 1/2 scale Salto airborne this spring (http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/...-2-scale-salto ). I came across a propulsion system I rather like (received a quote this AM). Its produced by Daniel Schubeler, specifically the Celix 1000 given the projected mass will be in excess of 20Kg me-thinks;

First, has anyone employed one of these?

Secondly, with an all-up mass of ~20Kg (~44lbs), what other systems can folks recommend?

Thanks

simon

Hi Simon,
    Check in with Christian

​​​​​​"Christian Luginger" christian.luginger@yahoo.com

He is heavily involved with electric ducted fans in sailplanes, 6m

Tell him we sent you, he's a great guy.

LEN
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Thanks Len, will do :^)

On a sidenote; I saw the wing attachment method using McMaster Carr 1872A71 Slide-Snap Draw Latches. Anyone wish to share their experiences with these? I purchased the largest monoblocks I could find (see example here: http://www.paritech-shop.de/Zubehoer...-fuselage.html ), but I like the latches for their positive locking aspect. The monoblocks I have yet to install state a separation force of ~5Kg (11lbs). I wonder about the rotational force during fast roll rates...

Comment

They're great!! love them and plane on doing them on most of my planes. Flew all summer with them on the Bidule,
        Pete George has them on his Carbon Cub, etc etc etc
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

<sigh> can't get them up here :^(

Comment

The latches work great, I've been using them on my Pilatus Porter Turbine and my 6m Pilatus B4 for 3 years with no problems!
            If you need some sending,I have some on hand, you can call me at The Model Box, 205.978.8787

Jeremy
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
              The latches work great, I've been using them on my Pilatus Porter Turbine and my 6m Pilatus B4 for 3 years with no problems!
              If you need some sending,I have some on hand, you can call me at The Model Box, 205.978.8787

Jeremy
              SCCAAA TT TN
              You're a gentleman and a scholar, thank you :^)

Comment

Working...
              X