Lots of gliders here I've never heard of and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of gliders here I've never heard of and more

The Australian Gliding Museum – Preserving Australia’s Gliding History The Australian Gliding Museum first met as a committee on 26 February 1999. This brought together a number of kindred spirits interested in preserving older and historic gliders. The Museum membership now exceeds 140. The Museum has since collected gliders from around Australia, many of which were facing neglect or destruction. The Museum’s collection includes over 50 historic gliders and other gliding archival material, including books, manuals, photographs, films, glider launching winches, aircraft plans, trophies and other memorabilia.

Pretty neat! Thanks for posting! If you can obtain them then Martin Simons three sailplane books are a great resource. Vincenzo Pedrelli has a great book about the first gliding competition in Italy. Vincenzo told me I was the first to build a model from the three views in his book so that was pretty exciting! I fashioned the pilot in the model of the Balestruccio to look like him as a payback for all of his assistance gathering info about it. Vincent Cockett has many great three views and info on the UK site www.scalesoaring.co.uk He was very helpful to me with my poor Charlotte II, R.I.P.

Comment

Thank you for this information!

Comment

Here's more! https://j2mcl-planeurs.net/

Comment

Working...
        X