Plans for Habicht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for Habicht

i have had a 1/3 glass fuselage that I got almost a decade ago for the Habicht and have done nothing with it yet. When I finish my current build (ASK-14 motor glider) I am thinking about finally getting into the Habicht. I have a set of 1/4 scale plans from Wil Byers but they aren’t that accurate. Does anyone have an idea of drawings closer to true scale? If I have to I’ll draw them myself using the 1/4 scale plans as a rough outline. Since Pete Goldsmith’s 1-26 flies so well I may use the SD-3021 airfoil he used as it’s mostly flat bottom and will blend in well with the wing root on my fuselage plus it’s easy to build.

Dennis,
    Try the Vintage Sailplane Association. I'm working off the full scale drawings for the Ka-3 that they had in .tff format. They might have what your looking for at modest donation. Check with Neal Pfeiffer. Besides he is in the process of two 12-1 ASK-14 restorations at the moment.
    Gene
    Last edited by Gene C; 03-30-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gene. The current VSA plans list dont show a Habicht, I may contact Gary Fogel to see what he knows. And on a positive note, I find that I can post photos here again, I’ve figured out that the camera I WAS using needs to be thrown in the trash, it was a piece of cake to put a photo on the site with my iPhone. I’ll be able to contribute more now.
      Last edited by DennisB; 03-31-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Happy to have you back Dennis. We miss your expertise!!
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Same here Dennis...hope to see you in June..

Comment

I’m hoping to be there. I’m waiting for a quote on replacing a part of the HVAC in my rental property, hopefully it doesn’t drain my travel funds.

Comment

Dennis B,
              I have completed an extensive internet search of DHS Habicht. I found a VERY good plan (you will still need to scale to 1/4) I'm drawing my own plans for a 3.5/1 currently.
              I can load all research for everything to Dropbox and share with your email (anyone else as well)

Comment

Working...
              X