Will Raven fit Thermik?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Raven fit Thermik?

Getting ready to outfit my Thermik XXXL. I was wondering if the Raven will fit or should I go with the Swift. Also, TEK probe in tail or a 90 degree probe on top of the fuse.

thanks

Raymond

Hi. The Raven is a great device so if you can, you won’t be disappointed.

Have you spoken with Rick about a potential fit? He may have some useful customer feedback. He is flying the Appollo which is a squeeze to get a Raven into so he may have tips for tight fits. On my Chilli with the ballast system taking up room, two receivers, etc, it just took a ton of planning to get it all in.

It seems the consensus is probe in the tail. On the Chilli, I did the 90 and it came out fine. Just need to be cognizant that it will be much easier to hit the probe in that location and bust up things.

I know this really isn’t a super helpful reply to your specific situation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	48475
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Sorry to keep stealing your bandwidth. I just recalled that some folks recommend doing the mount of the main equipment into the canopy. Certainly true for the sparrow. That may be an option for you based on how large and spacious the canopy is on your model. I moved my GPS receiver there.

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Steve,
        No worries, any help is good. Did talk to Rick and he did favor the Raven. The fuse looks pretty spacious, but looks can be deceiving since she is empty. I’ll keep you informed

Comment

Working...
        X