Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Electronics Newsletter April 2022 for modelsport section

Software updates and other news….

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Albatros 3.2 is available now. Fixes that funky zoom to infinity problem.

Comment

I finally upgraded (3.2) but I cannot get rcmodelspot to accept my registration. I complete all the reg information, click accept, but the site then does nothing. Same this morning as yesterday -- nothing. I sent a contact message to Andrej.

Any hints?
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

You should get a confirmation e-mail with a link to complete registration.
        Tom

Comment

• Steve P
          Steve P commented
          Editing a comment
          Multiple tries, multiple addresses, no joy.

• Steve P
          Steve P commented
          Editing a comment
          And all three spam folders checked

Heard back. Site issues….

Hi,

We are sorting out an issue on our server at the moment. Please try again later today / evening

Sorry for that

Andrej

Comment

I can log into the rcmodelspot web site through a browser. But I can't seem to log in from Albatross app. Are they still having issues?

Comment

If you upgraded to 3.2 of the Albatross App, you might want to check your profile at rcmodelspot.com. See if you have a Subscription listed for you. If you don't, you may find that Albatross may no longer allow you to fly triangles. Apparently it worked for a while when 3.2 started but it looks like you now must of a subscription listed there for it to work.

Comment

Most people on 3.2 at Cumberland ended up reloading 2.4 of Albatross from the Google Play store. Some were early users of 3.x like me who did not have license information at rcmodelspot.com so the app runs now but you can't fly triangles. You have to communicate with rc-electronics to get your license key which extends up to 3 years from when you originally purchased Albatross. After that you will need to pay for it annually. They have to maintain the web infrastructure somehow.

I am still running 3.2 since I have the only real reason I could find which only applies to GPS Light flying. GPS Light rules switched from GPS altitude to barometric altitude. I was still having some license annoyances with 3.2. I would select the task and plane to fly but sometimes the GPS course would not appear. I would have to back out and hit fly two or three times before I was ready to fly with a course on the screen.

Comment

Working...
              X