Albatross Qi Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albatross Qi Charger

The biggest pain for the Snipe connection is the dreaded microUSB connection. Plugging and unplugging just gradually wears out the connector.

I found a bare bones 20W Qi Wireless Charger on Amazon. With a little bit of relocation of the velcro I use to retain the phone, the coil fits nicely between the velcro strips. I should be able to tape the electronics to the back. It takes a USB-C connection that I can plug into an exteral battery. It charged fast enough to charge the phone while also powering the snipe module while the phone was in airplane mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210917_153330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	45912 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210917_153315.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	45911

The charge coil is attached to the front of the phone/Snipe TX mount with some double sided foam tape. For the PC board, I machined a simple case from some Arcrylic plastic sheet The board slides into the case and then the top of the case is taped on. Then this is stuck to the back with some double sided foam tape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qI cHARGER.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	46075

Comment

Working...
    X