Latest news from RC Electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest news from RC Electronics

At last, for the first time in my life, procrastination has paid off. I've been intending to write about the latest hardware and firmware from RC Electronics for the past couple of months but just couldn't get started. Alas, Andrej at RC Electronics has created a document and posted it on the RC Electronics website in the Manuals Download section. This document shows the various combinations of hardware that are possible and lists what information is available from each combination. Not shown is the use of the original T3000 system which has been updated to meet the new rules and to work with an Android device for display. I am still testing the updates to the T3000 and will have more to say about it when I am sure it is working as intended.
    Rick Shelby
    Team Horizon

Thanks for the update Rick.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I updated my Raven and Snipe and Albatross to the latest versions today. I also went and reworked my servo control of the screens a little. Albatross is definitely a bit nicer on Android now.

What values are folks putting on the Nav boxes for the different pages, e.g. Start/Glide/Thermal/Info?

Comment

Originally posted by mlachow View Post
        I updated my Raven and Snipe and Albatross to the latest versions today. I also went and reworked my servo control of the screens a little. Albatross is definitely a bit nicer on Android now.

What values are folks putting on the Nav boxes for the different pages, e.g. Start/Glide/Thermal/Info?
        You no longer have to be right on the number to make the servo control work. + or - 2% is close enough. The new Albatross menus look completely different and are more intuitive for most people. Be sure to try turning on the "Tail" in the "Graphics" settings. It shows the last 3 minutes of your track and is color coded to show what the vario readings were at each position. Blue is sink and red is lift.

Start Page:
        3D Speed - the speed that is used in determining your official start speed
        GPS Altitude - the altitude that is used in determining your official start altitude
        Penalty Points
        Servo Pulse
        Entry Speed
        Entry Height

Thermal Page:
        Air Speed
        GPS Altitude
        Vario
        Avg Vario
        Thermal Vario
        Alt Gain

Glide Page:
        Air Speed
        GPS Altitude
        Vario
        Triangle Altitude
        Avg. Triangle Speed
        Last Triangle Speed

Info Page:
        Air Speed
        GPS Altitude
        Vario
        Last Triangle Index
        Triangle Time
        Avg. Triangle Time

Except for the "Start" page I have always have Air Speed, GPS Altitude and Vario located in the same Nav boxes in each screen so that they are easy to find and read.
        Rick Shelby
        Team Horizon

Comment

Working...
        X