Gentle Lady Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentle Lady Revisited

About 20 years ago, I purchased a Gentle Lady kit from Tower Hobbies. Although the box picture displayed Carl Goldberg Products, Ltd., the kit was laser cut and listed Hobby Services as the source for any parts. Thinking that this kit may cease to be available, I bought the kit just to have it and it has been sitting on a shelf in my workshop all the years since.

Back on August 1-2, we had about a dozen pilots to the HighPoint Aviation Airfield for a nostalgic thermal weekend and it was a great time. It got me to thinking about the Gentle Lady kit, why just let it sit there for another 20 years!

On Monday and Tuesday before the start of the Fall Soar for Fun, the weather was cool and windy. Len and Dave H arrived early and were occupied with maintenance and set up adjustments and I needed something to do. So, I brought the Gentle Lady kit up to the mountain and started building...Kind of neat working on a build in the heated hangar!

I got it mostly framed up and then put it aside during the event. Friday, I finished up the sanding and prep for covering and spent the weekend finishing it up. Len had mentioned how he had wanted a Gentle Lady very early in his modeling career and wanted to build it to look just like the picture on the box...

Well, here is the result of about 4-days total time building this beloved nostalgic plane!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gentle Lady.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	42863
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Beautiful Jim. It looks like mine back in 1982 when I built mine!
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Fantastic. A classic sailplane design and color scheme that will live forever in my heart.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

true friends are few this is a great example of one

Comment

Working...
        X