Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Huntsville Aerotow October 5th-8th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, y'all are making me wish I could of taken Thursday/Friday off .

Oh well, more motivation to get some stuff out of the boxes, off the bench, and into the air!

I snapped a few pictures Saturday, haven't looked to see if they were any good. If so, I'll post them later.

Comment

For a minute there Jim, I thought you came over to the "good side" and converted your Bidule to a taildragger! I saw it sitting on it's tail and got all excited!! Hope to see you at Mac's in the spring if not sooner.
      Marc

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        Fuel started to siphon out the vent line so I pushed the tail down to stop it.

Originally posted by Tango Juliet View Post
      Here's the link for my photo album...
      Is there a way you can make a direct link to the pics without having me/us sign up for anything? I do not know my way around computers and have a difficult time coming to grips with them. I'm doing really well to be typing this text on here!!! It's a long story that I'll tell you if you are ever interested in hearing. The story requires a beer so that the embellishments are placed correctly!

Comment

• Xroadie
        Xroadie commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike....I did the same thing....clik on the word Flickr at the top, it will take you right to the album.

• Tango Juliet
        Tango Juliet commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure why it did it that way Mike, but Xroadie has the right advice; Click on the Flickr above the other link and it'll take you right there. I'm a beer drinker, so next time I see you, I'll buy.

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay... thanks! I clicked on the 'Flickr' above the other link and it worked. I took a look at the great photos! They're wonderful!

Guys,
      Thanks for your photographic expertise. You've all captured the essence of the event. It's all about the people and how we express ourselves with our passion. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Well, I finally got everything unloaded and put away! So I want to thank everyone who attended this year, I believe we had 27 registered pilots and a bunch of spectators! Thanks to NARCA for hosting us and George Epp for allowing us the use of his great facility. Personal thanks to Al, Jim, Chris, Snatch, Pete, Archie, Gil, David, myself and anyone else I may have missed for their towing duties, the Decathlon will get a complete overhaul after a little mishap, see picture, maybe jim Dolly can elaborate on this please! It was great to meet some new faces and old ones
        We had 2 booming days Thursday and Friday with a little wind on Saturday, this was a perfect opportunity for Jelly and TJ to take the sticks of the Arcus as he had put away his birds! By the end of the day we decided to pack up as Sunday was going to be a washout But I think everyone was tired out by then anyway.
        We ended the event at Rosies for dinner with 28 attending. And the raffle prize was won by Chris Woodward (he makes the Radian XL look even bigger than David Payne) who had never won anything before, so he said
        So now you are off of that list

SCCAAA TT TN
        Last edited by Swiss1; 10-10-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Tango Juliet
          Tango Juliet commented
          Editing a comment
          If every event is as enjoyable as this one was, you can expect to see me a little more often. All y'all (Southern slang for everyone, ) did a wonderful job of making it a time to remember. Thank you!

• Al Clark
          Al Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Jeremy, Snatch, Richard, and the rest of the Birmingham gang for being there! It wouldn't be the same without you guys. So Chris won the raffle, eh? I guess he'll have to plan to come again next year for sure!

Wow, what an event. The lift on Thursday and Friday was nothing less than spectacular! Darn good thing my bird had spoilers because I had to use them several times just to get out of the thermals. By Saturday my neck was so sore that I didn't want to fly so I just watched the glass ships do their thing which was great to watch.

I had a bad mishap with my Minimoa on takeoff when the wing tip caught. I was just too slow on the release switch and it caught a second time and cartwheeled before I hit the switch. As Al Clark said to me "when things go bad they tend to do it quickly". Boy, was he right.

I have a 1/4 scale Hall Cherokee arriving tomorrow so I shouldn't be grounded for long. I'm going to get on it and hopefully have it ready for the November monthly aerotow we have.

Thanks everyone for attending. What a great bunch of guys!

Next year will be our 10th anniversary event so we will be planning for it real soon.

Comment

• Al Clark
          Al Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry about your Minimoa mishap, Tim. Glad you will be getting the Cherokee II going - I think you'll enjoy that one.
      Working...
      X