• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Sky High Aerotow, Williamsport / Muncy PA September 15-17

************ PRE-REGISTER HERE***************

We're BACK..........

SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2017

ScaleSoaring.com and our Host/Owner of the field Mark Eisele will be hosting another aerotow extravaganza at the Sky High Airfield in Pennsylvania. After a year off, the scale soaring group is heading back to this spectacular location nestled in the hills of Muncy PA.

We will fly Thursday afternoon the 14th once we're certain field set-up is done. This is no longer a club field, so all arraignments are on us.

Come out and join the fun. New pilots are encouraged to attend and enjoy this relaxing weekend.

The Sky High Aero Tow 2017.pdf
    Attached Files
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

I just go for Mr. Sticky's Famous Sticky Buns and to hang out at the Bullfrog Brewery, but I hear that sailplane thing is nice?
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

This is awesome! I thought this site got closed down permanently? I guess not Good news because I really want to fly here!

Comment

Great news, and don't forget the ice cream parlor!

Comment

Rats, I have to take my wife to the beach in September so I can aerotow the rest of the year. Muncy is close to me, and I like the field, but, glad we are still able to fly there.

Steve K
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• stevekremer
            stevekremer commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys are the best

Steve K

• Steve P
            Steve P commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve -- did you convince your wife yet that fields in the middle of PA are better than beaches? All that sand and rip-currents. Yikes!

• stevekremer
            stevekremer commented
            Editing a comment
            No Luck Steve. Still headed to the Beach! Take photos and have fun!

Steve K

Folks on Facebook, please share the link to this event with your friends...

https://www.facebook.com/events/774497572706218/
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks Steve

Tony
            Last edited by quazar1; 03-16-2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

September 15-17 is still a ways off, but a bit of housekeeping...
              • Field set-up will be Thursday morning the 14th. We don't anticipate potential flying until lunchtime or Thursday afternoon. Official event is Friday-Sunday
              • Will be a very casual lunch situation -- likely cold cuts and such to make sandwiches. Bringing in your own lunch is not the world's worse idea.
              • Registration is $20/day or $50 for the entire weekend. And, is appreciated! This is not a club event so we have expenses and site donation to cover.
              • Directions: Muncy Exchange Road to County Line Road to High Acre Lane 41°09'04.0"N 76°40'37.7"W
              • NOTE: Please drive very slowly when entering High Acre Lane past the first farm (white house on your right). Good neighbor relations are a must.

Williamsport Hotels: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ia-Hotels.html

Williamsport Restaurants: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...nsylvania.html

Milton/Lewisburg Hotels: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ia-Hotels.html

Comment

Hotel booked. I really liked flying here. Then there is the ice cream place. And this message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0605 (1).jpg
Views:	162
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	17894

Comment

Just about three weeks away from the big event! Registrations are flowing in.

Join us for three and a half days of soaring bliss!

Comment

A few quick updates from my phone calls this morning...

The flying site is now wider than our past visits. The field of Christmas trees to the left side of the main flying field are now gone (some may recall that Mark bush hogged two rows of trees for us during the first event!!!) Mark will mow the tall grass that is now there a few days before our visit. See the photo below. We will use Thursday morning to set-up and then do some afternoon casual flying. Official event starts Friday.

We will have a porta pot on site to go with the old out house. Girls get first dibs. Boys choose the outhouse first. Or, water a tree.

Lunch will be minimalist. Lets face it, we could stand to lose a few. We will have sandwich makings, drinks, chips.

Jury is out on if we will have the large barn and garage for overnight plane storage. It will depend on what days Mark is on site to unlock things for us.

Reminder to drive slowly when entering High Acre Lane from County Line Road. The White House on your right is a separate farm and we need to be respectful of their wishes to drive painfully slooooowww past the house so as to not raise a cloud of dust.

Please click photos below -- #1 is the flying field layout. #2 is the general farm area showing entrance road

Thanks!

Steve

Comment

I have reserved a room at the Motel 6 in Montoursville, 8 miles west of Muncy near the Williamsport airport. It has two double beds if anyone is interested in sharing. My cost is $186 yours would be half or $93 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. PM me if interested.

Comment

Just registered, Hotel is booked and I'm ready to fly.

Just a quick note, the registration form says 4 days. Anyway, I expect to be in Williamsport Thursday night, ready fly first thing Friday.

Comment

• Steve P
                          Steve P commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, we plan on casual flying Thursday afternoon once we all get there and do the field set-up Thursday morning. 15-17 are the official dates.

• Steve P
                          Steve P commented
                          Editing a comment
                          BTW, we are covered by AMA Sanction for all four days...

9/14/2017 - 9/17/2017 -- Muncy, PA (C) SKY HIGH AEROTOW. Site: Sky High Field. Steve Pasierb CD PH: 203-246-5881 Email: spasierb@optonline.net. Visit: scalesoaring.com. Sanction #17/1962. Scale sailplane aerotow in the beautiful Muncy highlands. Multiple tow planes tow up to 10 meter spans. All tow sailplanes and e-power soaring welcome. Camping available. Lunch each day. See website for info and registration. Beginners welcome! Sponsor: RC PROPBUSTERS INC

Hotel is booked and registration is submitted...plan to arrive at the field around noon on Thursday and stay through Sunday. Really enjoyed this site and appreciated Mark's hospitality at the prior Aerotow events.
                        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Registered yesterday, will be camping at the field.
                          Gunny
                          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Working...
                          X