No announcement yet.

1921 Vampyr in 1:4 Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The process to build an aileron panel was definitely a lot easier than the 'warperon' version! Servos with hatches were mounted in outer panels so extensions had to be fished though the center panel. Washout was built into the outer panels.I made some removable lead slugs of varying weight for best trim. They are shown cooling in their forms. They fit either side of the nose wheel. It is a thick winged antique that is a little draggy and can penetrate as well as a wet noodle into tungsten plate but I love flying the Vampyr! It can thermal pretty good not that I'm an expert. It handles like a boat as far as the ailerons are concerned. You keep applying aileron and keep bending the transmitter lever then finally it breaks over so you repeat the process the other way. It needs the rudder. The elevator is dialed in really nice. The Vampyr is only my third sailplane. It had some interesting construction features. I like it! Thanks for tagging along. You can unfasten your seat belts, now! Here are a few more 'in flight' pics by Andy Grose. Thanks, again, Andy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05414.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	7824 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05418.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	7825

Name:	DSC05420.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	7826 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05424.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	7827

Name:	2014HSVAerotowDay2_0165.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7828 Click image for larger version

Name:	2014HSVAerotowDay2_0168.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	7829

Name:	2014HSVAerotowDay2_0174.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	7830 Click image for larger version

Name:	2014HSVAerotowDay2_0160.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	7831

Comment

The Vampyr is repaired again and ready for more soaring! It had an epic slope/thermal flight of 1 hour 49 minutes and 38 seconds at Cumberland! I landed only because I wanted to land not because it had to land! It was getting dark or I would have kept flying. The next day or so I landed slightly off field and ran into a small stump hidden in the grass and holed the ply in the nose. Fortunately, no other damage done which is amazing because when it hit that stump it stopped... now!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X