Wanted, primary glider plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted, primary glider plans

I am looking for plans..1/4 or 1/3 or 1/2 scale...for a primary glider..eg. Zogling etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Dave.

EDIT.

Sorted things out with the US supplier. All is good.
    Last edited by mogman; 07-13-2016, 06:19 PM.

I have a Krick SG-38 kit. Would a copy of those plans be helpful?

Comment

Well, it appears that communications with the US seller have broken down..no more reply from him.

ARUP, is there enough info on the plans to scratch build..wing ribs etc?

The other issue is that I live in Canada. I would certainly be willing to pay you for your time and for mailing. I could send a US M/Order or???

Thank you for your generous offer.

Cheers,
      Dave.

Comment

Dave,
        Who is the US Dealer you're trying to communicate with? Vintage sailplanes?
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Len, Yes.

I followed the ordering instructions on his website, and asked for a paypal invoice.

I originally was going to have the plans shipped to a Washington State address,( I live close to the border) but paypal Canada wont let me put in a US shipping address with a Canadian billing address.

My only hope is to have someone in the US buy the plans (1/3 Zogling) for me and mail them to me in Canada.
          I can send a US M/O to cover costs and mailing. Plans were $50.00 and $20.00 should cover mailing in a tube.

Cheers,
          Dave.
          Last edited by mogman; 07-15-2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Happy to help you out Dave,
            I can have the plans sent, I'll reach out to Jim and get them on the way. Good guy, sometimes life gets in the way.

I'll get back to you
            Check your PM

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Dave,

I spoke with Jim just now, he's all set to send the plan's, I told him to send them rolled, vs Folded...

Pm'd you details.
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

The Krick plans show everything. Looks like you have things sorted thanks to Len! If it all falls apart then give me a shout. The Krick plans seem reasonable. The only thing of note is that the 'fuselage' is wider than would be 'scale' in order to house radio gear. With modern components the fuselage could be slimmed a little. Good luck with your project! Please put a build thread up for us to ogle! Cheers!

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen!!!!

Cheers,
                  Dave.

Comment

David,
                    If you still need plans (sounds like you don't), I have a set of 1/3 scale Zogling plans I bought from Tom Martin I'd be glad to share. I was planning on blowing them up to 1/2 scale, but haven't yet.

Larry Fitch

Comment

Thanks to Len, my plans are on their way. but thanks for the offer.

Cheers,
                      ​Dave.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	d80dee9d146c04674206a8df33500d64.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	11451 My 2 cents worth....
                        1) Please use the Krick plans and scale them up to 1/3 scale. 100% better details and info needed to complete your model.
                        2) Thin the airfoil out!!! The wing loading on these planes are so low you need a RC glider type foil. old school 7037 would be good. Yes it is not as scale but it will make you smile more if it goes up in a thermal.
                        3) Do you have your heart set on a SG-38 with wires. The full scale boys and myself learned that it takes a long time to set up all the wires. At some point they removed the wires and replaced them with struts.

Erich
                        Last edited by ErichS; 07-15-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Erich.

Thanks for the info.
                          Struts are a good idea. I know all about wires as I flew a 40% Waco (moki 400) for a number of years.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
                          Dave.

Comment

Hello,
                            I would like to build SG38 (Zogling etc.) in 1:3 or so - please can anybody share plans? Not want that for free, just write me, for how much.

my email is hubertsvab@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Bert, PM your address so I can send some various three views to you. If these won't work then I can copy the Krick plans for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X