• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, very nice!
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Got my custom PCB in! They turned out fantastic! I soldered a few up and they will be matched with CNC frame parts and delivered to friends at an event this weekend. I could not be happier now that they are tested. Way cleaner and a lot less assembly time.
      Attached Files

Comment

will be having some of these at cumberland in a few weeks i wish to buy one for my bidule 170....or you can ship it to me let me know here is my direct email to make things easier ishu4u2@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
          will be having some of these at cumberland in a few weeks i wish to buy one for my bidule 170....or you can ship it to me let me know here is my direct email to make things easier ishu4u2@gmail.com
          won't make Cumberland. Someday! it is a dream for me as my first love is slope flying and that sight looks amazing. Its also about 20 hour drive for me...

Thanks for your interest. It will go in a Bidule 170 perfectly. I have promised a few of these to some local friends and then aerotow event Thursday-Sunday this week for me. When I get back from that I will work to make some available. I'll reach out to you when I get some done.

Comment

Gentlemen, I'm trying to decide on a fair price for those of you who are interested. the private messages have been encouraging that there is actually a want for such a thing. I built this for me because other options were no longer available or I didn't like the design. Then Dad snagged the exact power line I did a year previous at a field we frequent so we put one in his Pawnee. Another friend tore out a gear on his towplane because of a snag and so we put one in his. (he also helped a bunch on the improvements from the first version I had in Bidule #1 2 years ago.) The runway in my backyard has a fence parallel and close so this removes the fear of snagging that when at home.

That being said, I know I'll never get my development time back nor did I ever care about that. I don't really want to make 30 of these but a few for some folks that want one without putting in the time to make one I would love to help out. When I add up all the parts its over $250 in material cost. There is machine (CNC) time and assembly time...

I 'm thinking $500 shipped with a towline (so you can see how I build those and copy it). I hope that sounds fair.

I can start a list for those you want one but i'm only interested in selling them as I make them. I don't want to be "behind" on orders. Thanks for wanting one. Let me enjoy flying this week. Next week I'll make an owners manual (probably in video form) and collect some supplies to make some more.

Comment

okay so i was thinking i needed to add brakes to my bidule and at 500 plus for that option to get it stopped shrt for next tow i now understand with this spool release i can land as i need and taxi back to the next tow and allow him to grab the line and taxi out the 100 foot and off we go.. this is money well spent in my opinion so yes mark put me on the top of your list and im sure others will read this thought and follow up for the same reason. thanks and await your notice mine is ready to purchase......

Comment

• MarkRobbins
                MarkRobbins commented
                Editing a comment
                you got it! Thanks. and for the record, Gunny's brakes are also badass. I think both should be the goal....

i like his brakes but there needs to be a limit as to the actual needed items on a bidule and with your winder the brakes are no longer a factor for my needs. it lands very soft and it only takes a tad of taxi to get the motor and forward motion in check.. cant wait to get the winder in mine.. hope to be able to make use of it quickly after receiving it. will i need to reinforce the turttle deck area i see you use a spot to the side of the actual release that is bolted to the former inside. or does your top eyelet have a mounting block on it inside to bolt to that same former off to the side of center..

Comment

• MarkRobbins
                MarkRobbins commented
                Editing a comment
                I didnt reinforce that area on either of my bidules but they were the 111 size. I would imagine the 170 would be similar. I'll look at my buddy's 170 this weekend and see if they look similar. The aluminium eyelet you see on the top of my bidule will be included with the winder. I just drilled out 4 mounting holes and sucked it into the balsa sheeting a little, then drilled out the center pass-through hole with a step drill. If I did it all over again, I wouldn't install the standard release at all in the plane anymore. don't see ever using it again. I'll be building Peter's L19 this Winter and I am going to skip the standard release and just do the winder.

I can personally attest that Mark's winders work perfectly. After having numerous tow line snags that have costs me thousands of dollars...I did our Sled Works event with Mark's device and
              I had zero issues and at the top of the tow, put in half flap and start the rewind and by the time I am leveling off, I can see the shuttcock stop on the top of my Cmelak fuselage and then I can focus on Slow and Low and not give a moment of thought as to where the tow line is now and if it might grab something again...what a stress reliever. Best Investment I have ever made...
              Minneapolis Kevin

Comment

just waiting for mark to say the word and i will send my funds for at least one and i would like a second one soon after for a winter project. hope he has one left to sell after the sled works guys got first dibs on them

Comment

• MarkRobbins
                  MarkRobbins commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nothing sparks interest like a live demo! all the cool kids had them and will have no problem getting a date to prom! We will talk soon!

thanks Kev! yep, i think the last tests have been made with the 3 we had at the last aerotow and deemed successful. I'm ready to make a small run on these. In fact I have 3 frames already cut on the CNC and all the components I need for a run of the first 5. These are all spoken for, but can add some more if anyone is interested.

Family obligations this weekend, but will get going on the project early next week. Those that are on my list, I will reach out as soon as they become available. I will also be doing a "owners manual" video next week.

Comment

thanks mark glad to hear it worked out as planned when put into use.

also i will remove the stock release on my bidule and place the auto winder exit in that location. no need to carry an extra servo and release around

looking forward to your contact when ready i will place funds in my paypal account and send as friends and family.

Comment

I was at Sled and was able to watch Marks system work. Very reliable....Nicely Done Mark !

Comment

• MarkRobbins
                      MarkRobbins commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Jim, are you gonna have yours in before Kansas event?

• jfrickie
                      jfrickie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven't decided yet,,,,I hope you and Tim can make it....I already have your names on 2 slabs of ribs and a few cold beers!

• jfrickie
                      jfrickie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I should have it in by the Wichita aerotow.....its going to be 100 degrees here in KC for a week or two so that will be enough time to get it done ,Hope you and Tim can make it. I didn't have any of Randy's bourbon so there should be enough to go around!

Good Morning Everyone, Don here is San Diego,
                    Mark I would like one of your tow line system for my 170 here in San Diego. I tow the team Horizon Triangle team at Palomar Field which has a Wooded area on approach. I lost my 111 there a year ago and it's still in the woods,couldn't locate it. Please let me know if you will be making a few more and be willing to send one to me here in San Diego.
                    Thank you
                    Don

Comment

• MarkRobbins
                      MarkRobbins commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yep, this happens. I'm sorry to hear about your 111. It seems most folks that tow have some story of damage caused by a towline arrest. I'll put you on the list and let you know when I get yours setup.

Thank You, Pay pal, Venmo what ever works for you,
                    Thank you
                    Don

Comment

Today/tonights project is to make a video "owners manual"

after that, I will work on building out several control boards.
                      Then more CNC work.
                      The goal is to have the first couple ready to ship early next week.
                      After that, I will be waiting for parts till the end of next week but still able to do the cnc work...

Comment

Working...
                      X